Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone thought of or actually committed to taking out the whole floor carpet and spraying bed liner on it so it would be hassle free from dirt and stains. i was thinking about that idk if its easier doing that (with like a sound proof spray underneath or even dynomat.) or just buying some weather tech floor mats??? CRAZY IDEA but its something different

·
Super Moderator
93,641 Posts
It's been done for years with other vehicles like Jeeps

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
tons of jeep owners bedline their floors so they can just take a hose to it and forget it. I don't think it's a bad idea. just make sure that you waterproof all the connectors in the interior before you take that hose to it.

·
Premium Member
77,489 Posts
I'd go the mat route. Much easier to do than removing carpet and then lining the floor. :dunno:

·
Registered
954 Posts
I would just go with good mats. I really like it in jeeps and trail rigs because its practical, but in the T with the seats and electronics I don't think its the best idea. but that's just my .02

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Go with the WeatherTech mats...they take 3 minutes to install and serve most folks needs.

If you decide to go with bed liner, consider doing it yourself with Herculiner. It's pretty simple to use.....in fact the hardest part is sanding / scuffing the surface you want it to adhere to.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
There are a lot of channels and wires under the carpet for seatbelts sensors, passenger air bag, heated seats, rear heat A/C vents, etc. I've had the entire interior out for dynamat, and the floor is ugly. Wish I had taken pictures.

Have a look at this thread for pics.
Old post

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
awesome... thanks alot for the the feed back. i heard the idea before i didnt know jeeps do it all the time. It sounds like to much work to go that far with it. but again thanks for havin a open mind with it. and ill probably just go with the weather techs!!!!!

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
If it were a 1970 Chevy, you'd have no problems, but it's not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts