Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some background info, 2015 Titan with PRG mini lift kit, front and rear Bilstein 5100's, 305/55R20 tires with 20" wheels.

I have started noticing a kind of creaking noise coming from the rear. It seems to only happen after my truck starts to move after sitting overnight or while I'm at work. After that initial movement and creaking noise, I don't hear it again while driving around etc. Only at the initial movement. Any ideas on what it may be? Maybe I need to go back and make sure the rear shocks are tight?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also worth noting, I did not use hubcentric rings with the new wheels. Didn't really know about them until afterwards. Not sure if that could be the culprit.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I've been looking all over the internet for something similar to this.

I've seen some describe a noise like a seal (the animal makes) from the rear of their trucks. That sounds pretty accurate to what mine sounds like. Seems like everyone says it could be the rear disc brakes?

Would the brakes be making a noise like that on a new truck with only 4,000 miles?

Like I said before, this ONLY happens after the truck has been sitting for a while. After I've driven it for a few minutes, it is gone. Seems like something is "warming up" then the sound goes away.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's also only when it is raining or wet outside.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My '14 does the same thing. I think it's normal have you noticed some slight surface rust on your rotors cuz mine only seems to do that noise under your exact circumstances but I've noticed the slight surface rust as well

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think Outlawd is probably got it right. Maybe the parking brake and a little surface rust in the drum? But sounds like that's most likely the culprit to me. Let us know what you figure out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts