Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read a lot of the posts here but Mine is a bit different. It came from the drivers seat (rear right side bolt.) At first I thought it was the bolt so I put down some foam. Turns out its actually the floorboard. I'm not exactly sure how Nissan built this but it appears the threads are part of another panel that sits under the floorboard and however its attached its whats creaking. It actually gets quieter the more I back out the bolt, tighter actually makes it creak more. When you tighten it all the way down and rock the seat side to side you can actually feel movement from under where the bolt threads into the floorboard. I tried all sorts of lubricants but so far none work. what a pain....

·
Registered
289 Posts
does it sound like tennis shoes on a hardwood floor? If so i have the same problem as well and i don't hear it all the time.Somewhere i have seen a TSB for this on the forum if i recall.I took my Titan in for the 7500 service and asked them to check it out but the service rep only weighed about 5'7" 150.I am 6'4" 245 and the sound drives me crazy.My trucks a 07 and now i'm even hearing something from the seatbelt harness.

·
Super Moderator
35,733 Posts
PJLAVELL said:
does it sound like tennis shoes on a hardwood floor? If so i have the same problem as well and i don't hear it all the time.Somewhere i have seen a TSB for this on the forum if i recall.I took my Titan in for the 7500 service and asked them to check it out but the service rep only weighed about 5'7" 150.I am 6'4" 245 and the sound drives me crazy.My trucks a 07 and now i'm even hearing something from the seatbelt harness.
For the harness: WD-40 at the pivot bolts, worked for me and hasn't come back for over 3 years now.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
It might be the seat belt buckle. Mine drives me f'ing nuts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I may be having the same issue with the floorboard. Creaks coming from right-rear of the seat. At first I thought it was in the seatback pivot area, but if I move the seat forward It doesn't creak. Leads me to think it's from the floorboard or the bracket/bolt that attaches to the floorboard. It's intermittent so trips to the dealer ends with same old (cant replicate). Let me know if you figured anything out..............

By the way this is my first post, Howdy All

·
Registered
50 Posts
i got an 07, and my truck JUST started the seatbelt creaking at around 10-12k...not all the time, and usually depends how tight it is. havent really tried to isolate the problem, but it when it creaks its so sensitive that all i gotta do is breathe, lol.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
smcnally said:
I may be having the same issue with the floorboard. Creaks coming from right-rear of the seat. At first I thought it was in the seatback pivot area, but if I move the seat forward It doesn't creak. Leads me to think it's from the floorboard or the bracket/bolt that attaches to the floorboard. It's intermittent so trips to the dealer ends with same old (cant replicate). Let me know if you figured anything out..............

By the way this is my first post, Howdy All
Yup, thats the noise and the place. I think it has something to do with the pressure when you tighten down the bolt holding down that side. I recently backed out the bolt one full turn and also did the mod using washers to lift the front of the seat. (under the whole seat, not just the cushion) Since the chair is more angled backwards, I think this relieved some of the strain from that end as now the chair is pushing down on corner as opposed to pulling on that side of the seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts