Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would happen if u were to go over your credit limit ? the reason is my limit is 400 and what i want is 409 so what would happen if i were to go over that much? anyone know

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Do you have overdraft protection? Usually the overdraft will kick in( small loan around 100 dollars) and cover the amount. Or your card will be denied saying insufficient funds. Why si your card so low? Good ideal in case it's lost or stollen, worst case scenerio your out 400.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Is that a prepaid card? I haven't heard of a $400.00 limit. It would scare me to have a limit that low.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no it is my first card and i just got it it is through my bank it sucks that it is so low they said it will go up after i use it awhile

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Bayou Titan said:
Is that a prepaid card? I haven't heard of a $400.00 limit. It would scare me to have a limit that low.
If it's his first CC and low credit score they will give you a low limit with high interest. I would call them and ask for a little limit increase, just ask for about $25 - $50, it's not much so they might do it.

·
Super Moderator
93,258 Posts
That gives the credit card the opportunity to raise your interest rate, don't do it.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
usually if you max it out they just charge a 25$ fee (or whatever overdraft fee is) But usually if you get close to the limit they will raise it for you. they want more $ spent!! what are you doing ordering somthing? put $10 on you atm card and 400 on the credit. america livesin dept join the club lol!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is kiling me i want a jba exhaust it sucks be short like 10 bucks

·
Registered
287 Posts
so why dont you pull the 400 off and pay someone to buy it for you?

Then you throw in the extra 10 and you have it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Another thing to keep in mind that at the end of the billing cycle if your interest takes you over the $400 limit they can hit you with the over limt fee then. How I wish I could get in the CC business they got scams on top of scams and we are all dumb enough to keep stepping into them..including myself. Suck it up save $500 bucks and buy it with your atm card. Then again who am I to talk just blew close to a grand buying stuff from Tech12volt.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got the money but i want to use my card get get more credit i will looking in to buying a house soon so what better why is to get a credit card and use it to buy stuf for my truck that gives me a good reason to buy mods but it is hard starting out with 400

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
3Riverssouth said:
so why dont you pull the 400 off and pay someone to buy it for you?

Then you throw in the extra 10 and you have it.

explain what u just said i don't understand

·
Registered
18 Posts
You could also overpay now by $10 so you have a balance of -$10 and then it will show available credit of $410 and it should go through. I work for a credit card company and I've seen people do this and get away with it.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Don't go over your limit! Do like baseballfanz said and ask them to raise the limit to 500 and then buy it. Then turn around and pay it off, and they will probably raise it again.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i requested for a higher limit will find out with in 1 bus day

·
Registered
169 Posts
white_titan05 said:
i got the money but i want to use my card get get more credit i will looking in to buying a house soon so what better why is to get a credit card and use it to buy stuf for my truck that gives me a good reason to buy mods but it is hard starting out with 400

I understand its hard starting out, but if your intention is to build excellent credit and especially if you plan to buy a house in the near future, going over your limit is not the way to go about it.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i under stand that i don't plan on it i tried to raise my limit it just suck being short like 10 bucks i want that exhaust but i am not going to screw up my credit for it i was jst wondering about it

·
Super Moderator
159,630 Posts
If they won't raise your limit, put 350 on that card. Go get a prepaid card (you can find them almost anywhere now) and put the rest of it on that. Don't go too close to you limit. If they hit you with a finance charge, it could push you over and then all those awful things begin to happen. Play it safe and stay well below.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts