Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys? I found this forum on accident, and it's the best forum I have ever browsed. I liked it so much, I registered! Plus I think this Titan is one hell of a truck.

I won't be able to get a new truck for about a year and a half for personal reasons (to many financal obligations :). I haven't gotten myself to go down and look at them yet, because it would just be tourcher. I have a few questions for you Titan owners. I have 2 children, 1 needs a car seat and the other needs a booster seat. Is the KC back seat big enough for the car seats or will I need to get the CC? How is the ride? Car and Driver,and a few other mags, said the Titan had a bouncy ride, you could feel all the bumps on the freeway. They also complained about the loud exhaust being tiresome. Is the exhaust that bad?

Thanks for any input you can give!

·
Banned
1,686 Posts
hfj17002 said:
What's up guys? I found this forum on accident, and it's the best forum I have ever browsed. I liked it so much, I registered! Plus I think this Titan is one hell of a truck.

I won't be able to get a new truck for about a year and a half for personal reasons (to many financal obligations :). I haven't gotten myself to go down and look at them yet, because it would just be tourcher. I have a few questions for you Titan owners. I have 2 children, 1 needs a car seat and the other needs a booster seat. Is the KC back seat big enough for the car seats or will I need to get the CC? How is the ride? Car and Driver,and a few other mags, said the Titan had a bouncy ride, you could feel all the bumps on the freeway. They also complained about the loud exhaust being tiresome. Is the exhaust that bad?

I would say your best bet would be to get the Crew Cab, but thats just me personally

·
Registered
514 Posts
Definatly the Crew Cab. The extra room is worth it even if you don't have a car seat to put back there.

As for a bouncy ride... No way. This thing rides like a dream. My wife, in laws, and everyone that's ridden in it thinks it's like driving on a cloud.. and it's a quiet ride, until you hammer the throttle then you get a nice growl! ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would definately get the CC i have 2 children that are in Car seats and they now have plenty of room. I looked at the KC but it would have been a little bit tight so my wife said it had to be the CC.

The ride in the truck is great. My father went for a 250 mile ride with me and he loved it. he said it rode almost as good as his Lincoln Town Car.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have the King cab, and when our grand daughter visited, we used the truck. Mother and Gdaughter, both fit in the back fine. It was an hour drive from the airport and no complaints were made. Our daughter is 5'11" so even at her height she did feel the seats were a little straight, but not uncomfortable.

As far as the bouncy ride. Many of us noticed that the tires were over inflated from the factory. If they were not checked prior to testing, the ride is firm. Once the tires are properly inflated, I found the ride much better than any truck I have been in or owned. Even with the Big toe and off road packages.

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
"How is the ride? Car and Driver,and a few other mags, said the Titan had a bouncy ride, you could feel all the bumps on the freeway."

Nah, the ride is great. I even have the off-road with the stiffer Rancho stocks. I love the way it doesn't wallow through deep dips like the concrete drain channels you encounter at some intersections.

"They also complained about the loud exhaust being tiresome. Is the exhaust that bad?"

It might be a problem depending on your individual taste. I can hear it when accelerating, but I like it. Seems very quiet to me cruising on the highway.

·
Super Moderator
34,534 Posts
Only way to know for sure is take a test drive.

He,he,he, then you'll be caught in the TITAN magic spell and will incur even more of a financial obligation and you won't care!!!!!! :)

So why are you torturing yourself by asking these questions now if you have to wait 18 months??????? :huh:

37L1

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
hfj17002 said:

I personally have a CC and I love it. It gives me the room for taking friends out or on road trips (I also don't need the extra bed length from the KC). In my opinion, unless you need 6.5 feet of bed space, there's no reason not to get the CC. Also, just to explain how I feel about how well the Titan feels---its like a jag with an 8 inch lift and 4x4 capabilities :rockon

·
Registered
41 Posts
If I had small kids, I would definitely go with the larger CC. Kids don't stay small for long and I assume you'll keep your Titan for many, many, years. I have the KC, but both my boys are grown and gone. 90% of the time, I'm by myself in it.
The stock exhaust is not too loud. I just put on the Banks Exhaust which is considerably louder. I don't think I would want that with a wife and kids in the truck all the time. Stock exhaust would be ok.
Enjoy the decision making process.....that's part of the fun....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts