Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone esle noticed their bumper is not square with the bed? My drivers side is two inches further away from the bed than the passengers side. I went up to the dealer Sunday, they had just closed, and noticed three of the seven they had on the lot were just like mine. I wonder if the frame is out of square, or the bolt pattern was drilled wrong. I'm going up to the dealer this afternoon and see what they have to say.
Also, when I put my Titan in reverse in the morning, I get a squeak as it engages. I can't seem to hear it after the first startup in the morning, and it never does it from reverse to forward. I'll ask them about this also. It almost sounds like a rubber squeak, and happens as you feel the driveline tighten up.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just checked mine (everytime someone brings up a new observation, good or bad, I head for the garage :smoke: ) but the bumper seems level with the bed to me...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Funny, I had to run out & check for myself as well … It’s perfect. side to side top to bottom.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KYDeepwater said:
Has anyone esle noticed their bumper is not square with the bed? My drivers side is two inches further away from the bed than the passengers side. I went up to the dealer Sunday, they had just closed, and noticed three of the seven they had on the lot were just like mine. I wonder if the frame is out of square, or the bolt pattern was drilled wrong. I'm going up to the dealer this afternoon and see what they have to say.
Also, when I put my Titan in reverse in the morning, I get a squeak as it engages. I can't seem to hear it after the first startup in the morning, and it never does it from reverse to forward. I'll ask them about this also. It almost sounds like a rubber squeak, and happens as you feel the driveline tighten up.
Went to the dealer today. Two numbskulls loosened every bolt in the bumper, and couldn't get it even with the bed. They then decided the bed was crooked, and put it onto the lift to look at. They moved the bed about 1/2 inch, but the bumper is still off line. They want me to bring it back up as a scheduled repair so they can have more time to look at it and get it straight. By the way, when I pulled ito the service area, all the maintenance guys stopped working and came over to look at it. They were mighty proud and excited to see a Titan with some add-ons.
Cool truck, no matter where you go!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
My bumper is level with the bed but approx. 1/8" further from the left fender than the right. Is that what you were calling not square? No squeaks though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts