Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had an extra fog light laying around because the tab on the back broke off and I replaced it. So I started messing around. This is using 8 3W Luxeon Star LEDs with reflectors on them. I would design a Switching LED driver for this if i decide to complete it. As it stands right now though I dont have the proper heat sinking for these monster LEDs. I would probably do the finished product in amber. but, I only had white luxeons lying around. So if youre a machinist and want to help a fellow titan owner out I need two 1/2" Thick Aluminum disks with a 85mm diameter. I would mount the LEDs on these and then mount them in the housing. with the factory bulb connectors to connect the power. So PM me if you can make these disks. They should be real simple to make. we can discuss compensation.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
160,774 Posts
Holy mackerel those are some wicked bright LEDs. :D Looks good so far. Subscribing to (hopefully) see a finished product. Very nice!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I think that's pretty cool.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I tried Emachine online machining shop and HOLY CRAP they want $250 to make the disks. So unless someone on here can help me out this project is already in the garbage.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Well I tried Emachine online machining shop and HOLY CRAP they want $250 to make the disks. So unless someone on here can help me out this project is already in the garbage.
Are you serious, you just need a round slug of aluminum 1/2 inch thick?

85/25.4 = 3.34" Will a 3.25" slug cut with a hole saw work?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
That's pretty cool! I'd like to see that finished as well!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
good idea....

mine are still brighter
vvvv

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
I am sure that my Pop had that stuff sitting in his scrap bin ... Where are you located?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
DeadRiver;1597100[B said:
]dude your shop is like a mad science lab[/B]! :cheers:

nice work, those look super bright!
i was thinking the same thing..i thought he was resurrecting frankenstein...

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
good idea....

mine are still brighter
vvvv
Your lights, are more than likely the brightest thing you have going!! :teethmast

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Your lights, are more than likely the brightest thing you have going!! :teethmast
O SNAP!!! i shall start some ford/chevy threads now.....:teethmast

·
Banned
27,783 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Do you live in Alabama??:huh:

:rofl:
o snap..zing! i shall let these comments pass. I must warn you though, you have yours coming. it might be later today..or it might be in 2010...i am watching you.... *meet the parents robert deniro gesture with two fingers*

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
o snap..zing! i shall let these comments pass. I must warn you though, you have yours coming. it might be later today..or it might be in 2010...i am watching you.... *meet the parents robert deniro gesture with two fingers*
Bwuhahahaha!!!! :rofl:

Are you a Focker, or what??:D

Reactions: RobKar
1 - 20 of 56 Posts