Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's only happened to me a couple of times, but i'll try to set my cruise and the SET light blinks. So to have cruise i pull over and turn the truck off and take off again and the cruise works fine. Anyone else have this happen to them. Why does this happen. My T is an 04 CC LE offroad/pkg.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Can't give any help here but mine did the same thing 1 time in 6 years and 22,000 miles.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Try to clean out the contacts in the cruise buttons/switch. take some 91% alcohol and mist it in the cracks at the switch and buttons. move them around and see if that helps. I had a couple of problems with mine (radio volume also) did this and hasn't happened again on the cruise side. Radio volume has done it one more time but i cleaned it over a year ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This happened to me and the steering wheel controls were bad. Tried cleaning mine and it did not work. Had the replaced and no more problems.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had this happen, and I'll give a little back story about it...

I had to make a trip to Ct, from Florida. Somewhere in Maryland, the person that was sleeping across the front seat accidentally kicked the keys trying to adjust, and shut the truck off, this happened at about 85mph. I thought no big deal, put the truck into neutral, started it back up, and put 'er back into drive. From that point on, the truck revved high, and every time I tried to set the cruise control, the light blinked at me. I got on the phone with a mechanic buddy down in Fl, and he went to google to try to find the problem. He couldn't. I then had him call the service dept. at John Lee Nissan, here in Panama City. When he called me back he told me that a service guy from Nissan told him that the blinking SET light was an indication of a Vehicle Speed Sensor error. (It was starting to get bad, going through NYC and not being able to accelerate quickly, due to the speed sensor throwing an error, the transmission wouldn't shift, and I was stuck in like 3rd gear[Also couldn't manually shift cause that button broke] ) He said that with the conditions that caused it being an "all at once" kind of thing that it should reset by pulling the negative cable off of the battery for 10 mins, and it should shift normal, be able to set the cruise speed and so forth. So I found somewhere to pull over, did the ECM reset, and all was fine. I have no clue where the VSS would be on these T's, and it wasn't the same one that runs the speedometer cause that was working fine during all of this.

With this being an "over time" thing with you, not a sudden onset, I hope that an ECM reset would work, however if your luck with your T is as mine, you'll probably end up having to replace the VSS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts