Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night on the way home I started I'm getting a crunching type noise when I make a sharpe left turn. Noticed it when I was pulling into a parking space. It doesn't happen when I make a normal left turn but if it's sharpe it's pretty loud. Seems to be fine when turnign right.

I have an appointment with Nissan on Friday for some new front pads, oil change, and power steering hose replaced. Any ideas on this would be appreicated.

Either way I'm guessing I'm going to be forking over at least $2k to Nissan.

2004, KC, 4x4 package, 108K miles.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I have an appointment with Nissan on Friday for some new front pads, oil change, and power steering hose replaced. Any ideas on this would be appreicated.

Either way I'm guessing I'm going to be forking over at least $2k to Nissan.

You plan to spend > $2,000 for front brake pads, oil change and power steering hose? :huh:

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Last night on the way home I started I'm getting a crunching type noise when I make a sharpe left turn. Noticed it when I was pulling into a parking space. It doesn't happen when I make a normal left turn but if it's sharpe it's pretty loud. Seems to be fine when turnign right.

You didn't forget and leave it in 4wd by any chance?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not planning on it, but I'm guessing the brakes will be around $450, the power steering hose I know is like $400, and i have no idea about this noise. I just know every time I take a vehicle to the shop it's always double what i think it's going to cost because they find other problems.

The 4 hi was off, but I did have it on for about 5 minutes yesterday morning. Denver got a big snowstorm and the roads were covered. I didn't make any sharpe turns with it enganged. I only use my 4x4 feature maybe two or three times a year all in the winter.

I guess it could have been on the light wasn't registering it but usually it blinks when i go from 4 high back to 2 wheel and it's not out yet. I normally just come to a complete stop and then pull forward slightly and the light stops blinking.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I'm not planning on it, but I'm guessing the brakes will be around $450, the power steering hose I know is like $400, and i have no idea about this noise. I just know every time I take a vehicle to the shop it's always double what i think it's going to cost because they find other problems.
Get Frozen Rotors & Hawk LTS Pads and take it to Brakes Plus, etc., if you don't want to DIY. You will have far better brakes for the money. The hose is about $108 online at mynissanparts.com I would have that done at a private shop also.

I have a 2004 4x4 also (in Larkspur, CO).

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're probably right on both, I just don't have the time to take it to several different places. Plus I want to get this stuff done sooner rather than later to avoid any additional problems.

I looked at Black Beauty's DIY write up on the brakes and have no doubt I can't do all that. I have zero tools and zero confidence when it comes to that type of stuff. Probably why my bill at the dealership is always much higher than I expect. My local shop guy moved out of state which is why I'm dealing with the dealership. I'm taking it to Boulder Nissan as they've done work for me in the past and seemed to be reasonable. I took it one time to the dealer in Westminster on 104th, and they were complete A-Holes.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just dropped off the T at the dealer and mentioned the crunching noise I was hearing when making a sharpe turn left. I haven't heard it the last two days and the dealer said it was probably ice buildup around the CV joints. Kind of makes sense becuase we've had single digits here for like 3 days in a row with tons of slushy snow on the ground and the last two have been in the 40's and now it's not making the noise any longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts