Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
If correct I don’t know if one aftermarket radiator that fits 100% you either have to trim some plastic or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20,430 Posts
This is a known problem with that radiator (maybe all of them?). You'll have to trim your shroud corners.

You need to be very, very sure that there is plenty of clearance everywhere that the fan could come into contact. When I installed my CSF two row radiator I checked the clearance and thought it was OK. During my test drive, I thought things were going well so I punched it. Boom! Broke the fan, shroud and the radiator.

Reactions: DUENASnoches

·
Registered
87 Posts
I installed a 3328 and had the same concern. I did end up having to offset its placement by about an inch towards the driver side. The fan would hit the bottom of the shroud. Haven’t had a problem since.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE="HRTKD, post: 8077408, member: 39510
"This is a known problem with that radiator (maybe all of them?). You'll have to trim your shroud corners.You need to be very, very sure that there is plenty of clearance everywhere that the fan could come into contact. When I installed my CSF two row radiator I checked the clearance and thought it was OK. During my test drive, I thought things were going well so I punched it. Boom! Broke the fan, shroud and the radiator.
  1. [/QUOTE]
    So I pulled the shroud back and measured from the front of the blade to the radiator. It's 1 1/4 inch clearance. I don't know what the clearance is on a stock fan, anyone want to measure? Anyways knowing the fan blades flex at RPM I think I'm still good. I've had a chance to "step" on it a couple times with no issues.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,430 Posts
I don't recall what amount the fan itself flexes. I'm not saying it doesn't, just I don't remember how much. The engine sure can flex.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts