Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have thought about getting a 4" cst lift along with a 2.5" leveling kit and 3" rear blocks put on my titan. I do not ride off road at all just want a mean looking truck, what I want to know is do I need to buy the aftermarket shocks or just get the lift.....keep in mind I do not ride off road at all

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I have the 4" CST lift and a 2" Leveling kit, and nothing in the rear, and i think it looks mean as hell, all my friends/people at my school envy me! haha

As to your question about the shocks, you dont need the full coilovers ($1000) if your not offroading, you can get the Bilstein HD's or 5100's ($180-200), but only the 5100's can lift you 2.5" and the HD's can lift you at all.

For the 4"CST and 2.5" Leveling kit, its about $1000, so just stick with that, and later down the road get shocks (if necessary).

·
Registered
620 Posts
How many miles do you have on your truck? I'm guessing your OEM shocks are shot already. If you plan on doing the install yourself (I would recommend, its cake) then for simplicity I would say do your shocks since you're doing the leveling kit and you'll have the spring out anyways. If you were just doing the spindles you could hold off (which is what I did) but while you have the spring off I would just throw some new shocks on too while everything is off.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have thought about getting a 4" cst lift along with a 2.5" leveling kit and 3" rear blocks put on my titan. I do not ride off road at all just want a mean looking truck, what I want to know is do I need to buy the aftermarket shocks or just get the lift.....keep in mind I do not ride off road at all

what year titan do you have? if you have 04-07 you can go with a 2.5" but 08 and newer 2" level is max. you dont have to change front shocks, but if money allows get some bilsteins hd's or 5100's. you will need to change rear shocks with 3" lift.(bilstein). also probably have to put in a carrier bearing drop bracket on driveshaft or you might get vibration

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys ...and no my shocks actually have 3200 miles on them I have a 2010 crew cab SE I was still thinking about getting the after market shocks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what year titan do you have? if you have 04-07 you can go with a 2.5" but 08 and newer 2" level is max. you dont have to change front shocks, but if money allows get some bilsteins hd's or 5100's. you will need to change rear shocks with 3" lift.(bilstein). also probably have to put in a carrier bearing drop bracket on driveshaft or you might get vibration
Thanks for the heads up on the carrier bracket bro I did not know that.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Contact Greg at PRGproducts: PRG Products and he'll help you out better than anyone else possibly could.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
i want to get those spidles too....anyone have any pic with 35's? or even 33's??

·
Registered
620 Posts
i want to get those spidles too....anyone have any pic with 35's? or even 33's??
Just the spindles or also with your 2.5" spacer? If its just the spindles I have a few pics of them with stock tires (basically 33"). If you're talking about the spindles plus the spacer then just do a quick google image search and you'll find a ton of them.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
just the spindles, can you send me a few pics?

·
Registered
620 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have the CST Spindles with 2.5" Spacer and Bilstein HD's and I have a Fabtech Add A Leaf w/ 4" Tapered Blocks. I also have a 3" Body Lift and 325/65/18's and I think it looks pretty mean. It is taller than the Dodge Mega Cab at work with 37's on it.

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
thanks gents! much appreciated, i cant decide what i want i like the 4'' spindles with the bilsteins.....33'' all terrains BFG

·
Registered
63 Posts
Go 35's. It looks the right size for the lift. If I had went with 33's I would be unhappy right now because they would look a little small with the 6" lift.

·
Registered
620 Posts
If you do any more lift other than the spindles then just go with the 35's. I'm still up in the air on 35's or 33's and I only have the spindles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts