Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to get the biggest lift kit without going too crazy so i figured the cst 7 inch would be good enough. where is the best place to buy this from? Do you guys recommend a different kit over this one? I was looking at buying it from here PerformanceLifts.com -- CST 2004-2010 Titan 7" Lift Kit - 4wd Only!l , but I know nothing about lift kits so the options confuse me. Should i get the optional rear springs, if so which one? Which block kit? What does the coilover upgrade do and is it worth it? if so which ones? Which rear shocks should i go with? one last question, I dont have the money for rims and tires right now, so would this look stupid with stock rims and tires? When i do get rims I want to get an offset to make the truck have a wider stance, will this work with this lift? i want to get this ordered soon so I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I can't answer most of your questions but check out prgproducts.com and the lift and shock overview sticky. I'm pretty sure if I remember right the cst 7" is highly recommended. If you're going this big you should probably wait until you can afford atleast new tires. Here is a pic of mine with the cst 4" spindles and 2" blocks.

Yours would be much bigger than that and you most likely wouldnt be happy with how it looks after you spend all of that money.

heres a thread that could help too. you're lift will be a little bigger
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-performance-modifications/69400-lifted-titan-stock-tires.html

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Well for the rear, the kit comes with a 4" block. This will make your truck close to level front and back. You could run the C-10 Deaver pack and a 1.5" block for a slightly better ride but not absolutely needed at this time. For rear shocks go with the Radflos or Bilsteins. You don't even need the coil over upgrade at this time either. Coil overs will give you a better ride and lift the front more. But if you do up grade, go with Radflo or Icons.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't answer most of your questions but check out prgproducts.com and the lift and shock overview sticky. I'm pretty sure if I remember right the cst 7" is highly recommended. If you're going this big you should probably wait until you can afford atleast new tires. Here is a pic of mine with the cst 4" spindles and 2" blocks.

Yours would be much bigger than that and you most likely wouldnt be happy with how it looks after you spend all of that money.

heres a thread that could help too. you're lift will be a little bigger
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-performance-modifications/69400-lifted-titan-stock-tires.html
I think I'm going to go ahead and lift it for now, those pictures in that thread didnt look too bad with stock tires

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well for the rear, the kit comes with a 4" block. This will make your truck close to level front and back. You could run the C-10 Deaver pack and a 1.5" block for a slightly better ride but not absolutely needed at this time. For rear shocks go with the Radflos or Bilsteins. You don't even need the coil over upgrade at this time either. Coil overs will give you a better ride and lift the front more. But if you do up grade, go with Radflo or Icons.
when you click on select block from that website it only has 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3 inch block kits. Are the Radflos worth that much more than the Bilsteins? They are $320 more.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
In the description of the lift it's self it says it comes with a 4" block. That is good enough. You can always change stuff up later. I dont know if the Radflos are worth that much more than the Bilsteins. Ive only had bilsteins in the rear.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I have the Radflo's on mine and I love them. I had to think hard about the price too but 400 is for a pair of shocks that will last you the rest of the time you have your truck hopefully. If anything does happen to them you can have them rebuilt for alot less than the cost of buying new shocks.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
I had the 7" CST lift on my truck for almost 2 years. It's a solid lift. Definitely better built than Fabtech or Pro Comp. I would check out PRG Products and get some upper arms and coilovers for the front along with a Deaver C-30 pack for the rear. That's exactly what I ran and it worked very well. Mine sat about a inch higher in the front with about half a inch of preload on the coilovers.

As far as the stock wheel, they should look ok with 35's but it will look a little narrow. Here's a pic on mine with the lift on it still.

Sorry the first one is so small. Had it set up for my avatar back in the day.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had the 7" CST lift on my truck for almost 2 years. It's a solid lift. Definitely better built than Fabtech or Pro Comp. I would check out PRG Products and get some upper arms and coilovers for the front along with a Deaver C-30 pack for the rear. That's exactly what I ran and it worked very well. Mine sat about a inch higher in the front with about half a inch of preload on the coilovers.

As far as the stock wheel, they should look ok with 35's but it will look a little narrow. Here's a pic on mine with the lift on it still.

Sorry the first one is so small. Had it set up for my avatar back in the day.
what size rim is that?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think 35's look great on that lift. Once you get that thing in the air your not gonna be able to wait to get some beefy tires on there haha.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
7 inches is a serious height increase, and the kit includes coil overs to replace the factory shocks.The advantages of CST custom spindle lift kits are that they are simple to install. This helps remove many of the headaches associated with driving a lifted truck on the street in day-to-day traffic.
The kit does NOT include coilovers. It doesn't even include rear shocks like the Pro Comp or Fabtech kits do.

It also doesn't quite give you 7" of lift either. Just over 6" unless you are running coilovers with preload.

·
Registered
23 Posts
can you fit 37's with the 7 inch lift?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the 7 inch CST lift with the Fox Coil Overs in the front, did not get the deaver have the 4 inch block. If I could get a block and the deaver that would level out my truck I would do that as I don't like the nose high look. I also have the fox reservoir shocks in the rear. This kit allows me to run 75 plus on rutted roads and soaks it up with 35x12.5x17 tires on Mickey Thompson bead locks.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts