Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so despite all my shopping around i have decided to go with the CST 8" lift.
i have a few quick questions, and request for ANY PICTURES! :)
-Does it use the factory coilover?
-PRG has the kit for 2100 (the only person in the world who shows the price) anyone got it cheaper, not to try and cut out PRG, great guy.. short on $$
-If I have the 4" CST spindle already do i have to buy it with the kit, or can i just get the 700 piece taken out? or do i have to re-sell it?
-How much do pizza delivery poeple make w/ tips u think? (driving Lascari's car not my titan :p )

thanks to anyone who doesnt fry me for not going through PRG dirrectly, and/or wanting to be a pizza boy :) (im only in high school, how can i pass on driving someone elses little scion box car?) :gunz:

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
--it can use the factory C/O, comes with big arse spacer...

--go with Greg man, price is competitive and his help with be worth it, not only with the kit but after, when you're looking to upgrade.....

--pretty sure the kit's spindle is longer, hence the 8" of lift.....pretty sure

if that's your truck in the avatar, looks like you're doing just fine, a pizza delivery job coupled with mom's allowance should be perfect for upgrading components on the truck later...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
give Brian over @ Competitive Edge Motorsports a call he'll give a good price. we're having the titan meet at his place this sunday 10/21 951-279-5760. I know he has a used 8"CST kit for sale

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks gr8white, but i would rather save the 99 and get gregs service.
i also was wondering about tires.
should i go wit the 35 or the 37" Pro Comp All Terrains

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
STOP!!! if you already have the spindle, just add a coilover and you will have more lift than the 8" CST kit and save money and have a great ride. Your spindle will not work with the 8" kit.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Jonny Sock0 said:
thanks gr8white, but i would rather save the 99 and get gregs service.
i also was wondering about tires.
should i go wit the 35 or the 37" Pro Comp All Terrains
With 37" tire you may need to do more trimming than you want to. 35" tire it may be just the pinch weld mod depending on your rim selection.

·
Registered
422 Posts
listen to the all wise greg young grasshopper, i have the same setup that greg is talking about and it is sick, i love it when i go to the stealership to pick up an oil filter or something the people there looking at a no fear titan always stop what they are doing and come over to me and ask what lift i have cause it makes the no fear look like a frontier. then i tell them how much it cost from greg and then they look at a $40,000 price tag on a xe crew cab no fear and almost cry ha! go with greg.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, wut coilover?
racerunner? DR? King? Fox?
do i have to get a specific one or can i just pick wich one i like?

and how do i get another 4 inches of lift out of just a coilover?
wut is ur setup cost GR8WHITE/Greg?

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry lots of questions, this is a total shocker to me
i always thought that a premade lift was cheaper than a custom one.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Jonny Sock0 said:
ok, wut coilover?
racerunner? DR? King? Fox?
do i have to get a specific one or can i just pick wich one i like?

and how do i get another 4 inches of lift out of just a coilover?
wut is ur setup cost GR8WHITE/Greg?
The coilover you choose depends on what you plan to do with your truck. From what I have read on the titan sites Radflo's are a excellent choice.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i want a street lift.
no offroading,
maybe at the most a dirt road to get me to a riding spot in the desert or the packed dirt road leading into Competative Edge MX or Elsinore lol

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Jonny Sock0 said:
i want a street lift.
no offroading,
maybe at the most a dirt road to get me to a riding spot in the desert or the packed dirt road leading into Competative Edge MX or Elsinore lol
That is pretty much what I do and I purchased foxcoilver from another member.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
The Fox coilovers will NOT work with your spindle lift. Since you already have the spindle, you can just add coilovers (small Radflos for $699, SAW for $899, DRE for $1149). The coilovers alone will lift upto 4" on any pre '08 2wd. You will have more wheel travel, more lift, adjustable ride height, and better performance for alot less money than you would selling your spindles and getting the 8" CST kit. The install is also about 1/5 the time and effort. There is a vendor advertising the Fox c/o with a spinlde, but I think the add is old and it just hasnt been removed because thise parts dont work together, and he knows this. I dont care who you buy through, I just hate when people buy from vendors that dont have a clue what works, or doesnt work. It makes all the aftermarket look bad.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
a coilover + a spindle will give me the 8" lift in the front, block the back and im good to go? is there a huge difference between the Radflos and the SAWs, because cheaper is better but i dont want my sh!t falling off or something. This truck will see almost 0 offroad time, i just love the look of lifted trucks

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
Either is of the best quality out there. Neither will "Fall off" and both will work incredibly well for your aplication. Feel free to give me a ring and I can go into more specific details.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alrit thanks ill give u a call tomorrow.
and what i meant by "fall off" is my buddies f-150 literally rattled apart piece by peace b/c of a sh!ty lift.. Fabtech i believe, not to get down on them, but yaa, it just started coming off. really really bad welding also

1 - 19 of 19 Posts