Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been covered and shown a thousand times before on here but I still wanted to share these pics of my "quick" build. Nothing extravagent, just some simple bolt ons...

Before I show the pics, special thanks to Greg @ PRG for his excellent advice, products, service, fast shipping and very competitive pricing! Also a special thanks to Jaime @ Method Wheels and Craig @ Discount Tire Direct!

2005 Titan 2WD, CC LE

Before -

Front suspension stock before tear down -

Stock spindle and strut assembly removed and area "cleaned up a bit -

CST 4" spindle installed with RadFlo coilover installed - note the S.S. brake line installed as well.

As for the rear it consists of C-10 pack, PRG shackles set on -1" setting and new Bilsteins.

A couple pics -

Method 17" street wheel in matte black finish with Nitto Terra Grappler LT295/70R17 -

After - :)

I cannot tell you how much better it rides! Night and day difference! Very, very pleased with my combo choice!

·
Registered
220 Posts
looks great, nice job!!! now you just need to black out the door handles and mirrors:)

Reactions: bcini

·
Registered
163 Posts
That looks excellent. Very sanitary and not overdone. Nice!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
good lookin set up

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Looks sweet, perfect stance. x2 on no chrome :)

This is when 2wd guys make me very very jealous.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sick looking truck I'm digging the wheels

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks great, nice job!!! now you just need to black out the door handles and mirrors:)
Amen, that is next weekends project! already did the rear "nissan" emblem today iin bedliner and bought the DIY grill mod kit. Thinking about doing the entire chrome grille shell and bumpers in bedliner until I get the $ for my bumpers.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Nice man! did you adjust the rads at all or leave em at 2.5"? also have you thought about removing the swaybar?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice man! did you adjust the rads at all or leave em at 2.5"? also have you thought about removing the swaybar?
I had to crank em down substantially. When I first put the truck on the ground they were topped out. I have no clue how the previous owner had them set up like that and drove around. I lowered em at least 1.5". It rides so plush now, its nice!

What is the reasoning for disconnecting the sway bar?

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
I had to crank em down substantially. When I first put the truck on the ground they were topped out. I have no clue how the previous owner had them set up like that and drove around. I lowered em at least 1.5". It rides so plush now, its nice!

It allows the suspension to react independently to bumps. With it on when you hit a bump on one side the sway bar won't the the side that hit the bump move freely. The down side to removing it is you will get a little more body roll when cornering. It's well worth removing it IMO.

·
Registered
865 Posts

Nice. If you remove the swaybar (someone correct me if i'm wrong) it allows the front suspension to work more independently. I took mine off right when I got my radflos and then threw the swaybar away lol but the truck does lean if you take corners fast but I don't mind that. You should give it a try, if anything just put it back on

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys, I will give it a try and see how it works out!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts