Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just happen to be on their website and read a note that stated max backspacing for their spindles is 4.5"...If so then I'll need to get different wheels before the spindles...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
website is incorrect, I believe.....what's the backspace you were thinking of running.........stock 18s are 5.5 aren't they? that's what I've been using.....

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should be fine running the stock OR rims.
OK That's what I needed to know, it looks like just about all the 17" aftermarket wheels have about a 4.5" backspacing, but I need to run my stock OR's for a while.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the 7" 4x4 kit on mine with stock 18" wheels. There is plenty of clearance with the stock tire, however there is no clearance when running 35x12.5x18 ProComp Xterrains on the stick rim. I needed to use a 1/2" spacer.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is plenty of clearance with the stock tire, however there is no clearance when running 35x12.5x18 ProComp Xterrains on the stick rim. I needed to use a 1/2" spacer.
I'm running a set of 295/70/R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on the factory OR alloy wheels, I hope these will fit, I just ordered the spindles from PRG about 2 hours ago...

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
ORTitan said:
I have the 7" 4x4 kit on mine with stock 18" wheels . There is plenty of clearance with the stock tire, however there is no clearance when running 35x12.5x18 ProComp Xterrains on the stick rim. I needed to use a 1/2" spacer.
Im running 35x12.5x18 on a stock wheel 5.5" back spacing with no problem,the trick is you need to find a narrower 12.50 because they vary.Also with a wide a$$ (and heavy) tire like the Nitto's will rub the fender well when turning.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
ORTitan said:
I have the 7" 4x4 kit on mine with stock 18" wheels. There is plenty of clearance with the stock tire, however there is no clearance when running 35x12.5x18 ProComp Xterrains on the stick rim. I needed to use a 1/2" spacer.
I'm running the same tires on 18x9 Rockstars (5" backspacing) and they fit fine. Bit of rubbing when turning the wheels (under braking). I have a CST Spindle and Radflos. I need to raise up the coilovers a bit.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm running the same tires on 18x9 Rockstars (5" backspacing) and they fit fine. Bit of rubbing when turning the wheels (under braking). I have a CST Spindle and Radflos. I need to raise up the coilovers a bit.
Are they rubbing on the spindle or inner fenderwell?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Inner fender - I'd rather not do the pinch weld mod, so I'm going to raise the CO's a bit and hopefully alleviate it in all but the rarest circumstances. Even now it only rubs when braking and turning.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Will I be able to run the stock XE wheels with spindles?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts