Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now work nights and the highways are empty. I was driving @ speed limit and in my rearview mirrow I see this vehicle coming really fast. I let him pass me and I see it was a Dodge Ram MegaCab, as soon as he passes me I accelerated full throttle for about 2 miles I was on his tail going at ~80mph. The MegaCab had to slowdown because of upcoming traffic, thats when I get a chance to get side by side and I see it was a 2500 Cummins. As soon as our lanes clear up it was ON!!! At 1st it look like the MegaCab was gaining on the Titan but by the time I hit 85 I was half a fender in front, the Titan kept gaining distance by 110 I had half a truck and he let go. I wanted a rematch but my exit was coming up very quickly. I rolled down my rear window and wave to the guy and exit.

TITAN 1 DODGE 0
:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,635 Posts
doubt it was a diesal ? my neighbors turbo cummins would smoke the hell out of the titan imo but still not convencing me to swap !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
doubt it was a diesal ? my neighbors turbo cummins would smoke the hell out of the titan imo but still not convencing me to swap !
A stock diesel will not smoke a Titan, must be modified. EVERY stock diesel I have had the honor of meeting is ssslllooowww. In its stock form.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,635 Posts
i dont know around 650ft torque i think it would pull on us. especially chipped i know it would
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was a laremie(sp) 2500 megacab cummins diesel. I check the dodge site and they only come with 305hp for the 6.7L and 5.9L w/ 325hp
maybe the modded ones are fast but stock for stock my titan was faster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
i dont know around 650ft torque i think it would pull on us. especially chipped i know it would
yeah but a lot of it has to do with the trans/gearing/drivetrain...i drove a stock 05 cummins and it was slow as hell...but that doesn't mean it didn't have a lot of power but no way is it going to pull on a titan in stock form
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
0-60 on the Dodge diesel is about 9 sec.
The Titan CC is 7.1 seconds STOCK! That may not sound like alot but it is. It's like comparing a new Vette to a pos Mustang GT. I will admit that modded diesels can be faster than Titans but when you mod diesels they have problems. Stock vs. stock no diesel can take the titan. Also diesel trucks cannot handle anything like the titan just because their so frickin heavy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
d0va said:
I now work nights and the highways are empty. I was driving @ speed limit and in my rearview mirrow I see this vehicle coming really fast. I let him pass me and I see it was a Dodge Ram MegaCab, as soon as he passes me I accelerated full throttle for about 2 miles I was on his tail going at ~80mph. The MegaCab had to slowdown because of upcoming traffic, thats when I get a chance to get side by side and I see it was a 2500 Cummins. As soon as our lanes clear up it was ON!!! At 1st it look like the MegaCab was gaining on the Titan but by the time I hit 85 I was half a fender in front, the Titan kept gaining distance by 110 I had half a truck and he let go. I wanted a rematch but my exit was coming up very quickly. I rolled down my rear window and wave to the guy and exit.

TITAN 1 DODGE 0
:cheers:
I've played with a stock 2500 Megacab Cummins too, and it wasn't even close. He saw the Titan tail lights quick. The Megacab is a HEAVY truck. But of course when the mods start to happen, be careful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
=( No one ever wants to play with me... This sucks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
tyelrdurden07 said:
=( No one ever wants to play with me... This sucks
Welcome to my world. :( heh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
i dont know around 650ft torque i think it would pull on us. especially chipped i know it would
You also have to realize that a diesel will only wind up to about 2k rpm most of them (I dont really know about the new ones) after that they are not happy. A diesel isnt supposed to be fast just make alot of torque at low rpms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What do you have on ur truck? ^^^^^^^
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,921 Posts
Now that's true LUV for Chevy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
scarp said:
I'll try the ol Dodge.:eveilgrin

I'll whip your LUV up one side and down the other! I'll spank the paint off it! Excuse me now, my super model girlfriend is on the phone. Nice truck man, wedge a 429 in that beast? Sorry for the thread hijack, nice kill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Papa_D said:
I'll whip your LUV up one side and down the other! I'll spank the paint off it! Excuse me now, my super model girlfriend is on the phone. Nice truck man, wedge a 429 in that beast? Sorry for the thread hijack, nice kill.
lol, and then I'll beat both of yours going in reverse. ;) Very nice truck man. What is that thing running in the 1/4?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
114 Posts
SubTexel said:
lol, and then I'll beat both of yours going in reverse. ;) Very nice truck man. What is that thing running in the 1/4?
Mid 10's on motor low to mid 9's on the 300 shot. @ 5500'- 6000' DA (for now) ;)
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top