1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
That is consistent with previous rumors. Looks like the real deal is on its way!

·
Registered
47 Posts
That would be great. All I have to say is it is about time. I don't understand why it is taking so long to for someone to build a half ton diesel.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Wow no kidding huh, finally something a little more promising. 350ft lbs sounds do-about, however I hope it will make more than the over seas version coming in with 168hp..

·
Registered
370 Posts
Wow, a lot of Titan bashing on that site.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I love the comments posted by the Big3 morons. Ford is the only one still worthy of any respect, and it won't be long before they announce a 1/2ton diesel. I think the important thing to keep in mind is this will still be a 1/2ton, even if they tag it Heavy Half. The MPG and typical truck usage will be more than satisfactory with the 4cyl even with the overseas small hp claims. If you are trying to tow 15k lbs get a one ton.

Keep in mind deisel sells for more per gallon than gas, always. Make sure it's worth another payment boom to have the shiny new baubles.

Oh and if they put it in a Armada I am done with the Tiatan..

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
168 hp in 5,000 lb vehicle = 19 sec 1/4 mile

200 hp = 18 sec 1/4 mile

Fix the smog garbage problems on the 6.7L cummins and use that.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I don't get it why is Nissan not getting the 4.8l v8 diesel from the Patrol

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
It is the economy and torque that will sell it. HP can be over rated in need. We have a vocational truck with a GVW of 39,000 and a 7.8L 190 HP Diesel, it gets the job done! Our heavier trucks have a GVW of 60,000 and run 530 ci Diesel at 275-325 HP. It works. What do you (consumer) want? The 2.8 Cummins DI Turbo Diesel will deliver for many. That market is not served right now.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Shouldn't be hard to get that diesel to produce more power with a retune. ;) 1,000ft.lbs out of a 4-cylinder diesel? Could be possible.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Upsize the tires... :)

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Shouldn't be hard to get that diesel to produce more power with a retune. ;) 1,000ft.lbs out of a 4-cylinder diesel? Could be possible.
and it fits quite nice in the current titan engine bay... i'd love one in my titan! 30+ MPGs... retune pushing over 600 ft/lbs... perfect for the dezert!!!!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Man, its about time we got something about the Cummins/Nissan deal. If you read the article, they said Cummins is also looking at variable valve timing. Wouldn't that help with the hp and torque numbers a little bit? I was kind of hoping for more of a 4.0L V8 TDI with closer to 450 ft-lbs and 250 hp. But I'm sure you can get some serious numbers out of the 2.8L with some tuning. Besides, 28mpg in a Titan, never thought that would happen.

On a side note, its funny to read everyone bashing the Titan. One guy said they probably had to redo the frame to fit the diesel because the Titan has the weakest frame of all the half-tons. And apparently our trucks are a joke in the pickup world? Now I remember why I don't usually read comments on most sites.

Edit: ^^^^ When did you change your SN? Awesome SN by the way....

·
Registered
233 Posts
This would be the single best thing Nissan could dream to do. I was about to post this article and seen someone has. Now let's see all the Eco boost traitors run back to Japanese. Cummins builds top quality million mile **** and you will not catch someone saying different I would drive one if I could justify a 3/4 ton truck but I can't. Ford and chevy boys will argue but in the end they both know the I-6 cummins is a better built engine...it may not be faster but it will last longer and take more abuse. If they could get 30 mpg out of a full size truck it wouldn't matter how much HP it has or it's 1/4th mile time fellas its all about usability and fuel mileage these days look at the local gas station sign.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I wouldnt mind seeing that engine in our trucks. would love to see a turbo or two put on it though so it could get decent MPG and a buttload of power

·
Super Moderator
161,881 Posts
I think it's great news. If Cummins builds it the odds are much better that there would be aftermarket support for it. If it were proprietary Nissan, that wouldn't be true.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts