Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Man, its about time we got something about the Cummins/Nissan deal. If you read the article, they said Cummins is also looking at variable valve timing. Wouldn't that help with the hp and torque numbers a little bit? I was kind of hoping for more of a 4.0L V8 TDI with closer to 450 ft-lbs and 250 hp. But I'm sure you can get some serious numbers out of the 2.8L with some tuning. Besides, 28mpg in a Titan, never thought that would happen.

On a side note, its funny to read everyone bashing the Titan. One guy said they probably had to redo the frame to fit the diesel because the Titan has the weakest frame of all the half-tons. And apparently our trucks are a joke in the pickup world? Now I remember why I don't usually read comments on most sites.

Edit: ^^^^ When did you change your SN? Awesome SN by the way....

·
Registered
989 Posts
Only reason I liked titan are for the engine. Not the body or interior imo not the best looking truck. So why the hell would they do it to a titan!!!!!???
You do realize that our torque curve is why our trucks are so quick from a start and also a big part of what makes it fun to drive, right? I think they will still offer the big V8 gas engine (possibly the vk56vd to compete with the 6.2L from Ford and GM), but also that 2.8L TDI to fill the gap and hopefully the VQ40 as a base engine. It would be a great engine for people who tow and use it as a daily driver.

I don't think you'd see 25mpg towing either, but probably mid to upper teens. I get about 11 to 13 towing right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.