Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,240 Posts
also, read the "titan, weak frame" nonsense... dumba$$es, considering the titan frame is hydroformed by the same company that hydroforms the F150's frame and also consider ours is fully boxed unlike the Tundra's which doesn't even box their back half. LOL
True, but Titan and Tundra both start with "T" and all Jap trucks look alike, right?

·
Premium Member
17,240 Posts
Even the Ecoboost hasn't been living up to it's claims in the real world. I believe the Ecoboost is a CAPABLE motor, but only under driving conditions most people wouldn't tolerate would it turn impressive MPG's. Driven normally, they get normal FS truck MPG's.
Funny, I was just reading a thread on Ecoboost MPG when you posted. Wide variation of reported mileage from complete crap on up to the 20s.

Ecoboost only---real world mileage. - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

·
Premium Member
17,240 Posts
Horsepower of a rotary engine is a calculated number based on torque, RPM and a constant defining the definition of the horsepower unit.

Horsepower = Torque (ft-lbs) x RPM / 5252

So if HP is low and Torque is high, RPM must be low. Which is why the big rigs have 18 speed transmissions and limp uphill at low speeds.

·
Premium Member
17,240 Posts
+1 on torque in diesels. It's all about torque, not HP. I've had trucks on both ends of the spectrum, a little POS Isuzu with their marine-sourced diesel in it, and my Dodge 3500 Cummins.

Someone above mentioned Vail - I had my 7,000# travel trailer and was doing a respectable 35 up that hill in the Titan with my foot to the mat. Had to slow down to 25 and wait to pass a semi, and then could NOT get the speed back again. Same hill with the 3500 - right back up to 50. Way less HP, way more torque.
Acceleration is directly proportional to Horsepower.

As noted above, Horsepower is directly proportional to the product of torque and engine RPM.

People keep talking about Horsepower and Torque as if they are two separate unrelated things. They are not. Look at this dyno and note that that Horsepower and Torque lines intersect at 5252 RPM. That is because the dyno measures torque and calculates horsepower from the measured torque. HP = Torque x RPM / 5252

·
Premium Member
17,240 Posts
Hmm, i have a question then, my dads DD and Towing vehicle is an 07 F-350 with 380hp and 560 ft/lbs (he is stock). He tows 17,000lbs up the cuesta grade, dropping below 40mph with it pinned :p How come the numbers are so different from what you people are saying?
Laws of physics apply to non-Titan Talk members. Your dad needs to join TitanTalk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.