Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
...i...jizzed...in...my...pants............... :teethmast

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I just wanna know when they're gonna market that sweet lift cab option!

·
Registered
216 Posts
interesting

·
Registered
751 Posts
Looks like a smaller bore 4BT. Should be able to get some good TQ numbers from that motor once the aftermarket world gets ahold of the truck! Wish they would have went a little bigger on the displacement, but it's a start! I guess I wont have the only diesel for long.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Looks like a smaller bore 4BT. Should be able to get some good TQ numbers from that motor once the aftermarket world gets ahold of the truck! Wish they would have went a little bigger on the displacement, but it's a start! I guess I wont have the only diesel for long.
I still like your set up better!

·
Registered
121 Posts
So, i guess i need to hold on to my ride for another few years! ;) Now I am not too sure about the cleaning solution exhaust mixture. But then i have not gotten the full detail as to how much more per month etc that it costs for the Duramax and Powerstrokes. Like for maint costs etc? I was hearing that both of the newer model diesel engines have some canisters that have to be refilled or replaced every 5k or something to that. Guess i need to search it out and do some reading. I am excited to see that the Titan may have the Diesel mini Cummins! id love the gas mileage and what the aftermarket mfgs would come up with once they get a hold of one of these! Haha! Wonder what the exhaust would sound like? Haha! Stacks coming out thru the bed behind the cab glass! LOL J/K If anyone can shed some light on any of what i was touching on, that would be nice as well! I dig your truck Cnallick! Its kick a$$ and the exhaust sounds kick a$$ too! ;)

I also wonder if they will make the Titan a full size truck like the plan was with Dodge before the whole thing went south with the economy.

;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
So, i guess i need to hold on to my ride for another few years! ;) Now I am not too sure about the cleaning solution exhaust mixture. But then i have not gotten the full detail as to how much more per month etc that it costs for the Duramax and Powerstrokes. Like for maint costs etc? I was hearing that both of the newer model diesel engines have some canisters that have to be refilled or replaced every 5k or something to that. Guess i need to search it out and do some reading. I am excited to see that the Titan may have the Diesel mini Cummins! id love the gas mileage and what the aftermarket mfgs would come up with once they get a hold of one of these! Haha! Wonder what the exhaust would sound like? Haha! Stacks coming out thru the bed behind the cab glass! LOL J/K If anyone can shed some light on any of what i was touching on, that would be nice as well! I dig your truck Cnallick! Its kick a$$ and the exhaust sounds kick a$$ too! ;)
;)
I know the company I work for just upgraded some of our crew trucks to the new Ford powerstokes that require the exhaust fluid. It's not hard to change and if you buy it by the drum it's not too expensive, just a hassle to have to deal with... I do know that once the fluid level gets so low, you better not shut off the engine until you have more fluid to fill it with. It won't start until it has adequate fluid again

·
Registered
121 Posts
I know the company I work for just upgraded some of our crew trucks to the new Ford powerstokes that require the exhaust fluid. It's not hard to change and if you buy it by the drum it's not too expensive, just a hassle to have to deal with... I do know that once the fluid level gets so low, you better not shut off the engine until you have more fluid to fill it with. It won't start until it has adequate fluid again
Sounds like more added expense for the toys we like. Geez.. I think the Didge Cummins is the only one right now that isnt using any exhaust fluids. I have not heard anything about them needing any additional fluid for exhaust. I read somewhere that the Duramax has some kind of canister that has to be accessed from the inside of the front passenger side cab floor or firewall or something to that effect. Needs to be replaced or filled every 5k. :rollingey LOL

·
Registered
575 Posts
VW Audi mercedes use blue tec fluid which is urea based, it's not exspensive just fill the tank and go. We have 2 freightliner sprinters with it. You get warnings well before you run out on the dash, it is true if you run out it won't run but s what if you run out of fuel it won't run either. you'd have to be a flippin idiot to run out of the blue stuff.

·
Registered
53 Posts
VW Audi mercedes use blue tec fluid which is urea based, it's not exspensive just fill the tank and go. We have 2 freightliner sprinters with it. You get warnings well before you run out on the dash, it is true if you run out it won't run but s what if you run out of fuel it won't run either. you'd have to be a flippin idiot to run out of the blue stuff.
True, its just something else to check

And I work in the oil fields... You would be surprised at how dumb done people really are... It's sad... We've had a few put gasoline in a diesel engine and vice-versa... It makes you feel quite safe knowing your co-workers don't know how to read or know the difference between gas and diesel, haha:bangit::read:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I like that the titan is getting some attention. I think I would be in if the power was (seat of the pants) right.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Anyone know whats the estimated price and release date is? i didn't check the link.......................and I'm sleepy

·
Registered
68 Posts
no price or release date yet, but this month's Diesel Power Magazine has a 3 page spread on the development of the motor. I'm thinking it would be another year or two at the absolute earliest. Which would hold onto the purported timeline for a major revamp of the Titan. I'm getting more than a little excited.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts