Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t be the only person that has thought about this empty space. Has anyone found an insert that would go in front of or behind the cup holders? It seams like a good spot for a phone holder or something to that affect.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You mean like a tray over the deeper part of the console well? Same width as the cup holder?

Neat idea I guess. My phone goes up on the Scosche mount, but an extra level of storage would be neat. Subbing to see if someone has something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the deeper area in the center console. Something that would snap into the spot where you could move the cup holders.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You mean like a tray over the deeper part of the console well? Same width as the cup holder?

Neat idea I guess. My phone goes up on the Scosche mount, but an extra level of storage would be neat. Subbing to see if someone has something.
Got a pic of your scoche mount? I'm looking for something magnetic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
LOL. Seeing this zombie back up a few months later, it is worth noting that Nissan had exactly the same idea. The 2020 Titan has exactly this holder. It is removable, so I am willing to bet it will fit earlier 2g trucks. It doesn't look like they have changed the console much otherwise. Question is, can it be ordered from Nissan Parts (once the 2020 hits the dealers).

·
Registered
19 Posts
LOL. Seeing this zombie back up a few months later, it is worth noting that Nissan had exactly the same idea. The 2020 Titan has exactly this holder. It is removable, so I am willing to bet it will fit earlier 2g trucks. It doesn't look like they have changed the console much otherwise. Question is, can it be ordered from Nissan Parts (once the 2020 hits the dealers).

The 2020's insert for cell phones/iPad looks really good. I'm hoping to snap one up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome, didn't know this was a thing, ordered for my 2018 Pro4X. FYI, for the rest of May Nissan has 20% off and they bump you to the top of the list (make sure to talk to your dealer to get bumped up, they do some magic in the ordering system), talked to my local dealer and he can tell you what place you're in the queue. I paid $92.15 after tax/discount and pickup at my local dealer.

Link to where I ordered from, make sure to use your VIN else dealer can't bump you up to front of queue: 96964-9FV0A - Dedicated Cell Phone Holder - Genuine Nissan Accessory

Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would be interested to see how well this thing holds the phone. Does anybody have pictures with the phone in it and also what about when the charging cord is attached. I don't know about you but my phone is almost always plugged in when it's in the truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would be interested to see how well this thing holds the phone. Does anybody have pictures with the phone in it and also what about when the charging cord is attached. I don't know about you but my phone is almost always plugged in when it's in the truck.

Here are some pics I pulled from another website. It's meant to hold two phones side by side with the charge cable coming down those open spaces you see in the first picture below. As you can see it can also hold one large table but you may not be able to charge the tablet unless you have a 90 degree charger dongle or sorts since the charger port would run into the center piece of the holder.

Titan Cell Phone Holder - Nissan (96964-9FV0A)

·
Registered
2019 Titan SV Crew Cab Midnight
27 Posts
Awesome, didn't know this was a thing, ordered for my 2018 Pro4X. FYI, for the rest of May Nissan has 20% off and they bump you to the top of the list (make sure to talk to your dealer to get bumped up, they do some magic in the ordering system), talked to my local dealer and he can tell you what place you're in the queue. I paid $92.15 after tax/discount and pickup at my local dealer.

Link to where I ordered from, make sure to use your VIN else dealer can't bump you up to front of queue: 96964-9FV0A - Dedicated Cell Phone Holder - Genuine Nissan Accessory

Thanks!
I think I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow. Great find

·
Registered
2017 Titan SV
3 Posts
I was going to order the factory phone holder but everywhere I looked it was out of stock. I don't remember which forum I found this alternative recommendation on. I am not endorsing this product but can give you my Pros/Cons after having it for 1 month. I bought the dual vertical wireless charger for $120. It comes with the two wireless charging pads and micro usb cables.

Pro
Wireless Charging - Most new phones have this feature so it is nice that I don't need to worry about lightning, micro USB, or USB C wires.

Function - My wife and I have a nice spot to charge two phones at once. There is a hole at the bottom of both sides so that you can use a lightning charger and connect an iPhone directly to the truck (the red cable you see in the picture)

Con
Space - Using this and the cup holders will completely cover the space below. In order to access that space you will need to remove one or the other. I would recommend the cup holder since you would have the wires running to the charges connected.

Power Supply - Where to power the wireless chargers. I ordered an Anker dual USB 12 volt plug. My 12v power outlet next to the USB does't work (I need to fix it). At first I used the outlet below the airbag light. But that really stick out. So I plugged it into the outlet in the console. I am going to use a Dremel to make two small indentations along to cup holders so that the charging wires have more room. This does mean that I have two wires running out of the console, but there are two grooves so that when the lid is closed there is space. So this may not be a Con but it is something to consider.

TBD
Charging Ability - Normally I am connected to the truck via Bluetooth (Thanks Nissan for waiting until 2019 to add Apple CarPlay). I also know there is a limitation to how fast an iPhone charges via wireless with Android phones charging faster. I have an upcoming road trip at the end of this month and that will be a good time to see how well the wireless charger handles my phone. The 12v Anker Dual USB Charger has enough power to charge two phones at the max iPhone 7.5 watts.

Again I am not endorsing this product but just wanted to share some thoughts regarding an alternative to what Nissan offers. As an additional note I took my Titan in to get another keyfob and the tech asked me all kinds of questions about it. He liked it and mentioned passing along the info to other people who are looking for a phone holder/charger.

These can be found at https://www.shawntexanproducts.com/blank-page-7
It took a week from order to delivery at my house on the MS Gulf Coast.
If anyone has any questions or would like to see other pictures let me know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts