Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there today Nissan world I have a question from my fellow Nissan friends I have a 2004 Nissan Titan XE wanted to know did this truck come with the feature of the automatic start can anyone answer that question for me I looked over the website could not find anything

·
Premium Member
69,841 Posts
No

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
No, and don't put one on it.. There are a number of posts lately about folks trying this and having things go FUBAR on them...

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
For all first gen up through at least 2012. Might have been an added feature in 2013 and up, but I don't think so.

·
Registered
‘11 Titan CC Lwb
17 Posts
I should have worded that differently, is the addition of remote start a problem on all first gen, and not having things get FUBAR

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
In my experience, aftermarket alarm/remote start systems are one of those places where you definitely get what you pay for, both in product and installation. I had a local stereo shop put in a keyless entry system and alarm on my wife's Maxima many years ago, with good results. Before I let them do it, based on having to trace/fix several for friends prior, I discussed with them which system was most reliable for what she wanted, exactly how they were going to install it, what sort of connections they were going to use, where they would connect, and had them go over the whole procedure with me. Once I was comfortable with their equipment, technique, and expertise, I let them have at it. Never had a problem out of that system (but it was not remote start, so that's one more layer of complexity, at least). Point is, that's the only way I'd let someone wire one of these into my vehicle. Buy a good system, have a good installer put it in, and it will likely work well for a long time. But it's a high risk procedure, in that a lot of shops suck at these installs, and a lot of products are only marginally acceptable for what they do. I've thought about it, but it's just not worth it to me.

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
276 Posts
Full disclosure: I manage a Best Buy. I talked with my Autotech about a remote start for my 2012 SL. He said to stick with Viper and make sure the installer knows what he's doing and is comfortable with the work that needs to be done. I plan on having a Viper SmartStart (controllable from anywhere with my phone) installed in my Titan soon. A good thing about getting Best Buy to do the install is that there's a lifetime guarantee on the installation that will be honored by any Best Buy store. That way you're not tied to the single-location car stereo shop and hoping they stay in business to support your installation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts