Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys ! I still love the Titan and makes me drool everytime. Like to know if parking the Titan is easy or difficult. Ex. like parking in Walmart and you see 2 cars and think to yourself, gee, hope I don't plow over those 2 cars on either side :). Or is it fairly easy to maneuver in tight spaces?

Todd

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm having to practice parking my Titan...it's the first big truck I've ever driven...I'm avoiding parking it between two vehicles completely for now, opting for parking away from everything. I'm sure it's very manuverable but another factor is the possibility of door dings...I had three dings inflicted upon the Frontier and don't want em on the Titan...I'd rather walk a little :rolleyes: I figure that's why the Lord gave me two legs...

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Well it fits like any other full sizer....And just with ost trucks, you learn to swing a lil wider in turning

BUT,

Me and my wife park away from other things...she is just toooooooo pretty to have somone who does give a #&*&$$%^ about thier car to wing a door open into the truck.

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
It can be difficult to park at times but not any more so than other big full size trucks. Keep in mind that the Titan is almost a half a foot longer than a Suburban. It took me a while to pull out of where I parked the other night because the cars that parked on each side of me after I parked were right on the line. It took a couple of 3 pointers (or maybe more. I lost count) to get out. It surprises me that some people are screaming for Nissan to make an 8' bed available on the Crew Cab. I think I would rather parallel park a stretch limo. :teethmast

·
Registered
250 Posts
Bayou Titan said:
It can be difficult to park at times but not any more so than other big full size trucks. Keep in mind that the Titan is almost a half a foot longer than a Suburban. It took me a while to pull out of where I parked the other night because the cars that parked on each side of me after I parked were right on the line. It took a couple of 3 pointers (or maybe more. I lost count) to get out. It surprises me that some people are screaming for Nissan to make available an 8' bed on the Crew Cab. I think I would rather parallel park a stretch limo. :teethmast
It is rumored that Nissan will be using the rear wheel steer system developed by Delphi (already used by GM). That will be a huge help for parking (and towing).

·
Super Moderator
35,930 Posts
Parking!

It's a big truck and parking is always an adventure.

Don't even think about parking in a spot marked "compact". :jester:

The rear sonar parking assist is a BIG help and I'm glad I've got it.

It's getting easier to park as I get more used to moving it around.

I too park away from the thoughtless whenever possible but it isn't always possible here in California! :dude:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I like to park away from most other vehicles but I also try to pull through the sapce to the opposite side. This lets me drive out forward instead of trying to back up into traffic lanes.

Since it is 6 inches longer than a Suburban, most people don't bother parking behind it unless they are in a small compact vehicle.

·
Registered
718 Posts
No problems parking it, even though it's my first truck. You do have to swing it wide around obstacles of course.

It helps:
- to always back it into parking spaces, makes pulling out much safer and easier
- to get the big tow mirrors, they are very helpful for parking

·
Registered
47 Posts
rrumaner said:
I like to park away from most other vehicles but I also try to pull through the sapce to the opposite side. This lets me drive out forward instead of trying to back up into traffic lanes.
It also allows bad drivers to hit the tow hitch when they park behind you, and not your front bumper. The outcome is in your favor.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My first few days were pretty hairy, but I started getting used to it very quickly. One real benefit is the truck has a very short nose, which helps getting into and out of tight spaces. I've dealt with airports, various parking garages, malls, and even parallel parking in downtown Boston without too much trouble.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
It does take some getting used to. The first couple of weeks it would take two or three times to get squared up in a parking spot, seems like the first time I was always over the line one way or another. Now it's much easier and usually get her in there on the first go.
Like the rest though, I try to avoid the tight spots I don't want someone dinging the side.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I find it a little more difficult, but this is my first full size truck. I too park in the back of the lot to prevent dings. I have found it easier to back into a tighter spot although not having the rear sonar system make it a little tougher, you have to remember the rear bumper sticks out a few more inches than the tailgate.

·
Registered
256 Posts
SUBTITAN said:
I find it a little more difficult, but this is my first full size truck. I too park in the back of the lot to prevent dings. I have found it easier to back into a tighter spot although not having the rear sonar system make it a little tougher, you have to remember the rear bumper sticks out a few more inches than the tailgate.
Here's a C&D article on "The Terrors of Parking" pickups:
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=7692&page_number=8

Although a "best" is not stated, through the process of elimination, the Titan
appears to be 1 of the 2 best (Ram being the other) in this regard.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My Titan is much easier to park than my previous Chevy 1/2 ton extended cab, short bed. Shorter nose helps but I'm convinced that the Titan turning radius is shorter as well. Anyhow, it's a big truck, parking is not it's strong suit!

·
Registered
608 Posts
The Titan is about the same to park as the OIL BURNING SIERRA I had (no bitterness toward GM F"NG C). But if it doesn't fit easily between 2 other cars then you don't have enough clearance to avoid being car-doored by the others, and besides the farther away I park the more I get to admire the Titan sitting out there shining all alone as I walk back to the far side of the lot.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I find the Titan to be resonably easy to park, for a full size.
My old truck was a Ford 3/4 ton crew cab short box, with a similar wheelbase.When I compare the two the Titan feels like my wife's jetta. If you've driven full sizes before then this truck will be a pleasant surprise.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts