Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided im going to get the flowmaster 44 series muffler. But I cant find where I can get a full cat back system with this muffler. I want 3" dual in and dual out to 4" tips. The only way I can get this is by having the place custom bend the pipes and whatnot. Will this cost alot? I have about an 800 dollar budget. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
bleedingbuddies said:
I've decided im going to get the flowmaster 44 series muffler. But I cant find where I can get a full cat back system with this muffler. I want 3" dual in and dual out to 4" tips. The only way I can get this is by having the place custom bend the pipes and whatnot. Will this cost alot? I have about an 800 dollar budget. Thanks for any help.

I recently got the Flowmaster 70 series full catback for about that price installed...that was the only series I saw though where the full cat back was offered.

This is mine...
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/products/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3947

It sounds great with the AEM Intake.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I like the 70 series but I really want the 44. I might be able to switch them out. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Expect to pay like $350-$450 depending on price of tips and such. Prob closer to the high side since its all duel. If the place is real busy they may quote high. Just tell them another place quoted way lower but their backed up. I would highly suggest 2.5 in and out with 3" tips. 4" tips belong on diesel and wont fool anyone. Also 3" duel is waaay to much volume. Expect to sacrifice a LOT of TQ.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn I didnt even think about loosing TQ. Thanks for reminding me. And thanks for the help. I thought it was going to be alot more. Im gonna go today to find out the exact prices.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
bleedingbuddies said:
Damn I didnt even think about loosing TQ. Thanks for reminding me. And thanks for the help. I thought it was going to be alot more. Im gonna go today to find out the exact prices.
Well could be more. A full cat back duel in single out ran about 300 for a friend. The guy said street price 400+, so its basically what you negotiate

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Well this weekend or the beginning of next week I will be getting a magnaflow 18' 2.5 DIDO installed with two magnaflow 2.5 inlet and 3' outlet tips. The piping that I am going to use will be 2.25 because I was told that I will be loosing more TQ with using a 2.5 set-up. The price for the install is going to be 150 but I had to do some calling around because the first place quoted me 250. So it all depends on where you go.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I will when I get it finished. I was looking at the cost of tubing and I think the 150 isn't a bad price since the tubing would cost me around 25 dollars per 4 foot of it. Plus I would still have to get it installed.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Doola36 said:
I will when I get it finished. I was looking at the cost of tubing and I think the 150 isn't a bad price since the tubing would cost me around 25 dollars per 4 foot of it. Plus I would still have to get it installed.
good deal and ya 2.25 would be even better if duel. Most guys just want "bigger", although its not better

·
Registered
127 Posts
You can get the magnaflow dual exhaust out to 3.5 for $767.58, it's a cat back but with a military discount it brings it down to around $560 and some change. They exit straight out the back, increase of about 18HP and 22 lb-ft of torque. If it doesn't pop up try hottexhaust.com I know your looking for flowmaster but this is a pretty good deal.

http://www.hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=16781

·
Registered
59 Posts
I went with the 2 1/2" into a 3" catback. 44 series flowmaster 3" in/out.
I don't like dual exhaust or chrome tips. Cost me $350. 2008 Long Wheel Base Crew Cab.
The muffler guy called flowmaster to make sure the 2 into 1 would be Ok.
They said it was more than enough with the 2 1/2" into 3".

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Leadsled124 said:
good deal and ya 2.25 would be even better if duel. Most guys just want "bigger", although its not better
Yeah I learned a lot from people postings here. I finally got it done today and the sound is great. One thing I do like about rear exit exhaust is that you barely here it in the inside but one you are on the outside it sounds great. And also my tip are stainless steel and they look cool coming out of the rear. I can feel a different in my truck because I also have an Injen intake. My next mod will be the timing advance.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had mine done for like 420 i think. He replaced the pipe from the manifold back with the new muffler and all.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Yeah where are the sound clips?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts