Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Catback

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Best performance, or balance of performance and sound if that is important; due to testing and dyno proof.

Just being good looking and loud, doesn't make you more powerful. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
so do you think dual cat back system is as good as single upgrade system such as banks with 2.5 into a wye and single 3" out. Also what is uprev 93 tuned? I have a 2005 4x4 SE Injen CAI and a TBS, was fixing to get the exhaust done and also thinking about +2 timing advance. Looking for the best exhaust for most performance without losing low end torque. People are telling me that I might lose too much backpressure and lose bottom end.???what size pipe and mufflers best results, ?? dual or single

·
Registered
188 Posts
If performance is more important then price I'll vote for the retail kit.
Search around and there is quite a bit of info on the various catbacks out there and some custom setups.
If you want to save a few bucks or want something different (i.e. the exhaust exit before there rear tires like the F-150 lightning)..then go custom.
With a retail kit you usually get a kit with more R&D and proven gains (which can questionable depending on the manufacturer).
I beleive with the mods you have a kit like the magnaflow that does not replace the stock y-pipe would show the best gains without losing the low end. Search on Club titan.org, there was a post by someone that dynoed various systems with minimal other performance adders. The Magnaflow did very well. So did the JBA that does replace the stock y-pipe.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have custom exhaust on my truck and for a number of reasons:

It was cheaper - by about $200.

I'm a cranky old hotrodder and like to have my way rather than just buy stuff off the shelf.

I wanted something that was totally redone, but hidden until you realize you're never going to catch the truck! Also, the local constabulary tend to be on the lookout for custom exhaust, and will pay "special attention" to anything that has obvious aftermarket work.

I found a guy who's been doing exhaust for a long time and knows about restrictions and flows - and the proper amount you have to have of each. We designed the system together, by figuring out what I needed, and then customizing the system to my needs, which are towing and driveability first, mileage second, and racing a very distant third.

So I got what I wanted, have a guarantee from a shop that will be in business long after I sell my truck, and I didn't pay too much for it.

Hope that helps. :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts