Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am going to get a custom exhaust done and one place says he thinks he should set me up with a true dual system. He wants to set me up with two 40 series flowmasters flowing to the back rear two wheels. I asked him if he was going to use an X pipe and he said no thats only a FORD thing. I am very confused as to what to do my Titan is an '07 I want a custom job done but I am so confused as to what setup I should have done for me. Can someone please help me out?:huh:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Go somewhere else. I don't think he really has much clue about what this truck needs....... :eek: "A Ford thing"... indeed.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
First off 2 flowmaster 40's wont fit under the titan. you would have to do a dual in dual out muffler. My buddy just did one on his truck and it sounds good.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beave the second link the blackbeauty sent has an image of what looks like 2 mufflers I think it mat be possible but there is no X pipe and I cant find a post that says whether or not you should use one or not

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
It's not me. It's this great site! And the cumulative wealth of knowledge of all its members! All I do is regurgitate the info. Sometimes, I don't even know what I know, ya know? :lol:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
dirtyduckdavis said:
Beave the second link the blackbeauty sent has an image of what looks like 2 mufflers I think it mat be possible but there is no X pipe and I cant find a post that says whether or not you should use one or not
Note that if the lead-in pipes to the mufflers are NOT the same length, which coming from both sides of the engine to relatively the same spot on the truck (which is NOT centered), they will not be equal and you will have the exhaust pulses reaching the two mufflers at different times. Hence, the equalizing feature afforded by the crossover. I'm no exhaust expert, by any means, but in most things, timing is everything. If the timing is off, it can't be a good thing, and certainly won't act as a "balanced" system.

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
dirtyduckdavis said:
Check this link for some exhaust info you may want to consider. http://usantonio.com/ractive_exhaust.htm
Pictures paint a thousand words. Custom Titan exhaust with X-pipe.
BTW, thanks for the prop BlackBeauty.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.