Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where one can get the 2 front windows smoked in % to order? all that comes up on the internet is film tinting and that's not what im looking for.

its driving me up a wall. i doubt i need to go and order armored glass to get this done..

·
Super Moderator
160,800 Posts
I haven't ever seen or heard of a company that does that for our trucks. :dunno: Not saying it doesn't exist, but if it does I don't know of it. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
160,800 Posts
If I had my "druthers", smoked glass would be my choice, too. Matches better, no scratching, no cleaning worries, will last longer..

Long list of why it would be far superior.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
If I had my "druthers", smoked glass would be my choice, too. Matches better, no scratching, no cleaning worries, will last longer..

Long list of why it would be far superior.
I know that any good tint shop can match your tint perfectly, my Titan has no different whatsoever when comparing the front and back

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I can ask, why smoked instead of film?
exporting a titan to a country where you cant have aftermarket tint on the front windows.. well you can but its a hassle and you are gambling with registration suspension. so factory produced glass is the only way around this.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
europe

i guess i'll need to send some axle seals in the container while at it

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I think your missing the point. if you smoke the front windows, they are no longer "factory produced glass"

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
are you looking for "privacy glass?"
try this site. hope it helps

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think your missing the point. if you smoke the front windows, they are no longer "factory produced glass"
you dont have to argue about things that you dont know.

so.. any leads on a company that does that?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
that would be it. i'll call them and see if they deal with end customers or with bulk manufacturer orders only
sweet. GL! let us know what the verdict is on price :)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is this an argument? I think not.

Your choice of words was poor. Non film tinted would have been much better than factory produced glass
read the thread title and dont let comprehension kick you on the way out. also you dont have to argue about things you dont know, why do you keep doing it? unless you know how the law reads in the jurisdiction the truck is going to, you are moot and irrelevant. thanks for playing the offtopic game.

ugh i hate waking up and having to write such things but man :ftard:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sweet. GL! let us know what the verdict is on price :)
called the office for the SE area listed on their replacement glass section. They said they are a top level supplier and physically cannot accomodate end user orders.

bummer so far.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
exporting a titan to a country where you cant have aftermarket tint on the front windows.. so factory produced glass is the only way around this.
try comprehending your own words, which clearly imply that any aftermarket tint, which would include specialty tinted windows is not allowed.

:bangit:

I was trying to help, I have spent time in europe and was wondering if you werent misinterpreting the laws, but since you know it all, and have an attitude to boot, ill say goodbye.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'd love to hear if anything comes of this too! I really don't want to deal with film, but I'd imagine it'd cost a pretty penny to do.. Subscribed though good luck on the search man!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd love to hear if anything comes of this too! I really don't want to deal with film, but I'd imagine it'd cost a pretty penny to do.. Subscribed though good luck on the search man!
Well supplies for antique cars make what is needed, however they cannot make the curves needed to match the OEM window. But they can cut straight glass and tint to order. I found that much.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts