Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone looking for a custom prerunner bumper in or around AZ?! If so PM me or Rynomx785 to find out more. I just had one made and it looks bad a$$! Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Dammit, good offers come up when I got no money:bump:

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
badass bumper no doubt. how much??

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
and does it bolt right in?

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Looks great! I'd love to have one, but I don't think the Winters here would be kind to all of the exposed metal....:teeth:

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe he said $700 which is a damn good deal considering shops around here would charge $300-$400 more than that. Mine was welded on but I can give you his info and you can talk to him about it and see what he says.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great! I'd love to have one, but I don't think the Winters here would be kind to all of the exposed metal....:teeth:
If you paint it I wouldn't think it'd be a problem.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
If you paint it I wouldn't think it'd be a problem.
I'm not talking about the bumper itself, but rather all of the components you open up by taking off the stock pieces (ie: engine, radiator, etc.). It would be a nightmare of rust/corrosion after one Winter. :lol:

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not talking about the bumper itself, but rather all of the components you open up by taking off the stock pieces (ie: engine, radiator, etc.). It would be a nightmare of rust/corrosion after one Winter. :lol:
Small price to pay to look awesome lol. :teethmast

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
No its completely welded on. On 08Pro4x's there was a lot of stuff that had to be be cut off so his truck will never be able to go back to stock. A bolt on bumper is definitely possible but would cost more. If anyone is interested in having one done shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I'm still wanting one, but a Hybrid one, with specs to allow me to have a winch behind the skidplate... Basic concept is to leave the OEM frame crossmember as support, extend the front frame out enough to have a plate bolted down and welded above the crossmember from one side to the other to provide solid contact and integrity, then have the frame horns attached, with the skid plate cut and framed for the winch cable to pass to the front... The problem lies in minimizing the forward overall length of the entire bumper assembly, trying to minimize the gap between the grill and front tube, as well as maintaining a decent angle of deflection for the skid plate and lower bumper protection... It can be done, but I just don't have the down time to tear apart my T and have it fabbed right now, but one day... one day... ;)

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
I'm still wanting one, but a Hybrid one, with specs to allow me to have a winch behind the skidplate... Basic concept is to leave the OEM frame crossmember as support, extend the front frame out enough to have a plate bolted down and welded above the crossmember from one side to the other to provide solid contact and integrity, then have the frame horns attached, with the skid plate cut and framed for the winch cable to pass to the front... The problem lies in minimizing the forward overall length of the entire bumper assembly, trying to minimize the gap between the grill and front tube, as well as maintaining a decent angle of deflection for the skid plate and lower bumper protection... It can be done, but I just don't have the down time to tear apart my T and have it fabbed right now, but one day... one day... ;)
Your fab guy is going to hate you. LOL Or love you because he's going to make a lot of money making you happy. You have to run the Titan bumpers out pretty far to get the right angle. Otherwise, it looks like a snow plow.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Your fab guy is going to hate you. LOL Or love you because he's going to make a lot of money making you happy. You have to run the Titan bumpers out pretty far to get the right angle. Otherwise, it looks like a snow plow.
worse case scenerio, I could just slap on an old school double 4" round tubular front bumper with a huge full width skid plate, like the 1980's Yota crawlers have... but I want it to be lightweight, look awesome, and have winchability too... and yes, I know... someone's getting paid...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts