Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished stage one on Sunday. Special thanks go out to Dennis @ CORR for all the help with the bending and use of his shop! BTW, he took me out in his race truck for a romp in the desert, and, WOW, it blew my mind! I never thought 90 mph accross bumps, ruts, and holes would be that smooth! My truck would have broken in half doing what he was doing. And to top it off, he told me he was taking it easy!!!

Back to the bumper:
Stage one consists of 90% 1.75 mild steel tube with 2 pieces of 1" for the stinger support.

Stage two will consist of a skid/brush plate to fill the front lower opening, piaa pencil beam driving lights, and two sets of Hella Black Magic floods. I still need to cut 2 more pieces of 1" for the back side of the support for the stinger that will go down to the front mounting plate for added strength. Hope that makes sense...

Stage three (final stage) will consist of a Warn 12,000 lb. Powerplant winch and associated plate and tube work. But this is atleast a year out. The freaking winch is like $1500!!! I might end up cheaping out and get a "normal" Warn 12K lb winch and put dual viair 100% duty cycle compressors and a 5 gallon reserve tank in a truck box in the back.

Time for pics, let the bashing begin!

BTW, did I mention this is a 100% bolt on? No welding or cuting on the truck at all!

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ourbaby said:
Looks good to me, great looking work. have it powder coated to match the truck.
I was thinking that, but I will most likely get it Line-X'ed with my step bars and then have the brush plates powdercoated red alert.

If I don't Line-X it, I will try to get it teflon coated so it matches my wheels. Powder coating will show too many scratches from hitting sh!t. I want a somewhat shiney finish but not glossy.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Looks good. I'm not a fan of the large "stinger" type bars, but that don't look to o bad. I especially like how the bars wrap around to the front fenders and the top one is longer than the lower. Can't wait to see what the final product looks like.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Nice Bumper...

And, is that the SCE yard off the 210 between Mountain and Mrytle?

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Derwud said:
Nice Bumper...

And, is that the SCE yard off the 210 between Mountain and Mrytle?
Good eye man. Yeah it is. I work out of there.....

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ourbaby said:
What about the colored Rhino linings?
Line-X can do color too. But That might be too much color up front. I know Line-X charges a minimum of $200 extra for color.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DeadRiver said:
nice work!

bet you're still thinking about that ride! i'm assuming it was in the CORR titan?
Actually, it was in Dennis' personal F-150 desert truck. There's some crazy tube work in that truck. He told me it took him 4 years to build and he has more money in shocks than the rest of the entire truck!

·
Registered
682 Posts
dang man i would hate to get rear ended by you...haha looks great

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
nice but you need to fab something nasty looking to put between that and what you bumper should be covering lol

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'm with everyone else - no bashing from me. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
killcatzforfun said:
nice but you need to fab something nasty looking to put between that and what you bumper should be covering lol
That's next in stage two. I just can't decide wether I should color match the plate to the truck or black it out as well.

I found some paint from duplicolor that's a 99% color/texture match to my teflon rims. That paint is going on the tube work and maybe the plate....

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Yellomantis said:
That's next in stage two. I just can't decide wether I should color match the plate to the truck or black it out as well.

I found some paint from duplicolor that's a 99% color/texture match to my teflon rims. That paint is going on the tube work and maybe the plate....
i think id leave it black, or the color of your wheels.. maybe even line-x so rocks and stuff flying up dont bother it...but i think a dark color will do nice so it doesnt stand out much but still covers all that crap

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
nice Mantis, great work. like other member said, stinger bar not my type but looks to be done well and completely bolt-on? that's crazy!

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Sweet your beast is looking great. Cant wait for finish project. IMO black would look better to match the steps and wheels.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Nice man, I like it. WOuld want one myself, but I don't want to lose my fogs.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Justintoxicated said:
Nice man, I like it. WOuld want one myself, but I don't want to lose my fogs.
You won't. Just replace them with quality aftermarket ones. I'm using Piaa's for my fog/driving lights and 2 sets of Hella black magic floods.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts