Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find some information on cut outs, and if anyone has put them on their truck. What would this do for the performance of a newer vehicle? I know I had them on an old Nova and it was just more of a noise pollutant than anything, is that what I am looking at if I put them on my Titan? :gunz:

·
Super Moderator
161,709 Posts

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Pi3yeargrad put them on his truck. I believe he removed them, but I could be wrong. Yes. VERY loud! Another member recently posted CONSIDERABLE HP gains when he disconnected his exhaust while making runs on the dyno. So there's power to be gained, but the noise would certainly be deafening.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I did a search but obviously not an exhaustive one. Preciate it.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I had a 40 series with an inline cutout in front of the muffler... it was REAL NICE... and LOUD... BUT honestly... hp gains on the butt dyno werent that great... Sound and aggressiveness was awesome but torque and lower rpm hp suffered greatly...

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
pi3yeargrad said:
I had a 40 series with an inline cutout in front of the muffler... it was REAL NICE... and LOUD... BUT honestly... hp gains on the butt dyno werent that great... Sound and aggressiveness was awesome but torque and lower rpm hp suffered greatly...
I would like to throw some in for fun or to make another truck wet itself lol. Probably have to after the 02 sensors and cats so i dont have to clear codes everytime. You have any codes??
Also wondering if even while CLOSED, if the disruption in flow would hurt performance

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Whoops.. and wrote up a whole post about it.... :huh: ^^^^closet whore wannabe... :rofl:

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Whoops.. and wrote up a whole post about it.... :huh: ^^^^closet whore wannabe... :rofl:
You always crack me up man, lol.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Leadsled124 said:
I would like to throw some in for fun or to make another truck wet itself lol. Probably have to after the 02 sensors and cats so i dont have to clear codes everytime. You have any codes??
Also wondering if even while CLOSED, if the disruption in flow would hurt performance

No codes here... when closed up it should be the same like if u didnt even have a cutout so performance should be back to normal...well at least after the computer gets used to it closed and back to normal...

I had an electric cutout and it was cool except it would leak and chirp a bit after time... so I went to manual opening and closing but just left it open cuz it bothered (having to go down there and open and close) ...That was all good TILL I went to a 50 series muffler for a quieter sound cuz it started gettin to me and the cutout didnt sound as nice anymore so closed it off for good...

I had a WS6 before the Titan with a cutout and 40 series and well I have my share of growl... now as Im older I still love the sound but for road trips or long drives it becomes annoying... well a lot of noise and drone at least but the 50 series now works perfect for me... I miss the 40 and cutout at times but then I take a 30min trip and can remember how it would bother the heck outta me....lol

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
pi3yeargrad said:
No codes here... when closed up it should be the same like if u didnt even have a cutout so performance should be back to normal...well at least after the computer gets used to it closed and back to normal...

I had an electric cutout and it was cool except it would leak and chirp a bit after time... so I went to manual opening and closing but just left it open cuz it bothered (having to go down there and open and close) ...That was all good TILL I went to a 50 series muffler for a quieter sound cuz it started gettin to me and the cutout didnt sound as nice anymore so closed it off for good...

I had a WS6 before the Titan with a cutout and 40 series and well I have my share of growl... now as Im older I still love the sound but for road trips or long drives it becomes annoying... well a lot of noise and drone at least but the 50 series now works perfect for me... I miss the 40 and cutout at times but then I take a 30min trip and can remember how it would bother the heck outta me....lol
I hear ya it can get annoying stuck at certain rpm ranges. Cutouts would be cool to play with but electric cutouts a buck$ that i may not use much

1 - 12 of 12 Posts