Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is 1.5 yrs old and has 35,400 miles on it. Last Saturday, I was cleaning the windows while listening to the radio. I had the doors open, so the interior lights were on at the same time too. In total, this was probably 20 minutes. When I tried to put the truck back in the garage, it wouldn’t start – battery was dead. I jumped it off the Maxima and let it run for ~15 minutes, put it in the garage, and left it overnight. Sunday morning - dead. Jumped it and ran errands for the day and the truck cranked slow a few times. Monday morning – dead again. Took it to the dealer. They confirmed battery was N/G and they’d prorate a new one b/c it was still under warranty. New one costs $120, but I only had to pay $65 due to the proration of the old battery. I told them I wanted an Interstate as a replacement and they said the Nissan replacement battery is made by Interstate Batteries, but the production battery is not. I checked this claim with my inside source and he confirmed it’s true. Also the battery has an 84 month warranty! Hopefully I won’t have to use it!

All of this for my truck when only 2 months ago, my wife’s ’08 Maxima battery was dead (with no warning) at only 55K miles. Unfortunately, there was no proration there. I bought an Interstate batter for her car from Firestone for ~$110.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts