Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daimler has just sold the majority of Chrysler to a non-car company. Major cost cutting and layoffs are to be expected in order to get Chrysler back on track and more competative with the asian auto makers. It will be interesting to see what happens to Chrysler. I wonder if the parts sharing will continue, I know the 300 line uses a lot of Mercedes Technology and even some parts.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Well not quite so fast. The Union has just given permission so now the sell can go through. And now you know what the real problem with american auto makers is. UNIONS!!!!!!!!!! Get rid of them. They are draging america down. The good news is it will be in american hands now. Not that it matters, it will all go overseas to be built anyways.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Here is the article on the facts of the sale.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18645179/

It seems that Mercedes will still hold about 20% of the new auto company. The structure reminds me of when AMF (another not automotive conglomerate) bought our Harley Davidson and ran them like an appliance franchise. It was almost the end of HD. I hope for a better outcome for Chrysler.

·
Premium Member
92,269 Posts
Well, of the Big 3, Chrysler has always had considerably more creativity and ingenuity with their vehicles. Granted, the mechanical components have always been somewhat less than capable, but Ford & Chevy really don't have much in the way of interesting vehicles. I hope Daimler AG can still raise the level of quality in Chrysler instead of Chrysler bringing Mercedes down to it's level.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
Well not quite so fast. The Union has just given permission so now the sell can go through. And now you know what the real problem with american auto makers is. UNIONS!!!!!!!!!! Get rid of them. They are draging america down. The good news is it will be in american hands now. Not that it matters, it will all go overseas to be built anyways.
Heli, wow we agree on some more things! We're on a streak...

I do hope your last sentence is wrong as it would be a telling moment in US history for an American Car Company to move overseas...:cheers:

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Kronos1965 said:
Heli, wow we agree on some more things! We're on a streak...

I do hope your last sentence is wrong as it would be a telling moment in US history for an American Car Company to move overseas...:cheers:
LOL Oh c'mon Kronos we agree on alot of stuff. But it has always been fun debateing with you over the years!!!:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts