Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im moving out to dallas soon. i was woundering if any of us are in town. looking for new friends to chill with and get to know all the best places to be at in dallas.

·
Registered
375 Posts
DALLAS ( AS IN TEXAS TITAN - DALLAS ?)
I thought you were going to San Deigo..

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tazstitan said:
DALLAS ( AS IN TEXAS TITAN - DALLAS ?)
I thought you were going to San Deigo..
yup im moving down this sat. to san diego. but then out to dallas before the end of the year it looks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WhoJakeV said:
what part of dallas?
dont know yet. going to be flying out to look at places. any ideas on the nice areas?

·
Registered
919 Posts
kronos2 said:
dont know yet. going to be flying out to look at places. any ideas on the nice areas?
Not knowing you or your lifestyle thats hard to answer but I will tell you what is best for me and you can take it for what its worth. The affluent portion of the DFW population seems to be migrating north. When I moved here in 96 Plano was the far North side of the metroplex, it had some of the best schools and was an upscale community, still is. Now Frisco, and McKinney are built up and very nice communities and have someone eclipsed Plano. In 96 these were no more than farming communities. Grapevine is also nice but if you were to pull out a map of the Metroplex and draw a line north to south through Grapevine I wouldn't consider living anywhere south of that line, expecially if you plan on purchasing a house. There are a few exceptions of course. I currently live in Arlington and in just the few years since I purchased my house I have noticed a considerable shift in the demographics and I am currently seriously considering selling out and moving to the Mckinney / Frisco area thats the booming growing part of the area. On the flip side if you are single, the Ft. Worth crowd is much more laid back and friendly. The Dallas crowd is a little more pretentious and I didn't really enjoy going out in Dallas when I lived in Las Colinas.

·
Registered
147 Posts
ttugrad95 said:
There are a few exceptions of course. I currently live in Arlington and in just the few years since I purchased my house I have noticed a considerable shift in the demographics and I am currently seriously considering selling out and moving to the Mckinney / Frisco area thats the booming growing part of the area. On the flip side if you are single, the Ft. Worth crowd is much more laid back and friendly. The Dallas crowd is a little more pretentious and I didn't really enjoy going out in Dallas when I lived in Las Colinas.

David, you could move out to Wylie (10 miles East of Plano near Lake Lavon)
near ME!!!
Schools are "Top Notch", but the Taxes aren't as High!!

In the Dallas area of DFW, consider any land between I35e (Stemmons) to the East, and Hwy75 (Central Expwy) to the West, and North Loop 12 (NW Highway) to the North,to be roughly $3-5k More per Acre than outside of these Highways.
-My Dad's Place in Prosper (just North of Frisco [in the Area I mentioned]), was considered the "Sticks" 10 years ago, Now, its "Prime Real Estate"!!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Kopperking said:
David, you could move out to Wylie (10 miles East of Plano near Lake Lavon)
near ME!!!
Schools are "Top Notch", but the Taxes aren't as High!!
I'm kicking around lots of ideas and not sure I will do anything very soon. I'm leaning towards just getting an apartment somewhere in collin county. My GF and I split up so taking care of a house by myself and trying to live the "single life" is a difficult struggle.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
ttugrad95 said:
I'm kicking around lots of ideas and not sure I will do anything very soon. I'm leaning towards just getting an apartment somewhere in collin county. My GF and I split up so taking care of a house by myself and trying to live the "single life" is a difficult struggle.
im just looking for a good apartment for now. after some time ill buy a house. whats min. wages out there? so i know the diffrence in pay. im making $18 an hour

·
Registered
147 Posts
ttugrad95 said:
Well when you decide, let me know, I know somebody with a Truck that can help you move!! lol j/k
(I've got access to a 20' trailer)

I also have a friend who is looking for a Roommate w/house.

·
Registered
56 Posts
kronos2 said:
im just looking for a ood apartment for now. after some time ill buy a house. whats min. wages out there? so i know the diffrence in pay. im making $18 an hour

min wage in the great state here is $5.15, but i think its goin up soon. price of living is a whole lot cheaper down here compared to california.

·
Registered
837 Posts
WhoJakeV said:
min wage in the great state here is $5.15, but i think its goin up soon. price of living is a whole lot cheaper down here compared to california.
That is the federal min. wage. Minimum wage around here is going to depend on the job that you get. I'd say that minimum in DFW is probably around $8.00 an hour.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Kopperking said:
Well when you decide, let me know, I know somebody with a Truck that can help you move!! lol j/k
(I've got access to a 20' trailer)

I also have a friend who is looking for a Roommate w/house.
Careful, I may take you up on that offer...lol I made the decision tonight to put my house on the market. I'm going to start looking for a decent realtor this week.

I'm not sure how wages differ between Cali and Texas. With the cost of living there I always assumed that wages were proportionate but thats not the case. I got offered a few jobs there at the beginning of the year when I was looking and was expecting the pay they were offering to compensate for the cost of living but it didn't, it would have been a pay cut when it all worked out. You'll probably find that housing will cost you about 1/3 what it costs you there, depending on where in cali you live. I honestly don't know how the average person makes ends meet there.

·
Registered
546 Posts
kronos2 said:
I personally would stay out of the Dallas area itself. Cost of living is a little higher than the surrounding areas. Like David said........a lot of people are migrating North. I live in McKinney.....cost of living here is not the greatest but d*mn sure cheaper than California and inside of Dallas. How far do you feel like commuting?

·
Registered
546 Posts
ttugrad95 said:
Careful, I may take you up on that offer...lol I made the decision tonight to put my house on the market. I'm going to start looking for a decent realtor this week.
Yeah, come closer to McKinney! If you EVER need a place to crash, you have my number!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lanespd200 said:
I personally would stay out of the Dallas area itself. Cost of living is a little higher than the surrounding areas. Like David said........a lot of people are migrating North. I live in McKinney.....cost of living here is not the greatest but d*mn sure cheaper than California and inside of Dallas. How far do you feel like commuting?
theres a couple places were looking at on line in plano. im a class A local truck driver so im looking for that type of work. much in that area?

·
Registered
42 Posts
hopefully im not jacking the thread here or anything but i too am considering moving out to the dfw area here in the next year or two after im done with school. i just came back from a visit with a friend there about three months ago who is stayin in arlington while in school and i really enjoyed that area. i particularly liked how both dallas and ft. worth were only about 15 minutes away. by the time im able to move out there though, my friend will be moving back out to texarkana so im not really gonna know anyone out there. im single and will be looking to meet a lot of nice new people while im out there and ill have to rent an apartment to get started so is arlington a reasonable choice to stick with in ya'lls opinion?

·
Registered
919 Posts
ThatOneGuy said:
hopefully im not jacking the thread here or anything but i too am considering moving out to the dfw area here in the next year or two after im done with school. i just came back from a visit with a friend there about three months ago who is stayin in arlington while in school and i really enjoyed that area. i particularly liked how both dallas and ft. worth were only about 15 minutes away. by the time im able to move out there though, my friend will be moving back out to texarkana so im not really gonna know anyone out there. im single and will be looking to meet a lot of nice new people while im out there and ill have to rent an apartment to get started so is arlington a reasonable choice to stick with in ya'lls opinion?
Your choice but you should refer to the earlier posts in this thread where all of that was addressed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Arlington is Fixin to Explode!! (by population)
Soon it will be another Big City (taxes, Crime, Hookers, etc) lol

If I was single, and could Save my money (I can't do Either!!)
I'd buy some land on the North side of McKinney.
By the time I'm ready to retire (25 years) that land's value will have Tripled!!

Land to the south is Cheaper, but people are moving North.
(I'd say Why, but it would not be "Politically Correct") lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts