Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro-4X
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of getting a dash cam to record day to day driving for insurance purposes etc. But also for recording off road adventures. I was considering a Go Pro but those don't have all the accident/GPS/night vision etc etc.

I was hoping something would plug into the existing cameras. From what I have seen that is not the best idea for the same reason as the Go Pro.

I'm handy but also short on time and lazy, so will probably hire someone to do the install.

Anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
940 Posts
When I drove for Uber/Lyft, I found myself needing one as a buddy of mine joked with me about how long the statute of limitations was on a sexual assault claim. His point was made, and I found myself needing a dashcam to record the inside and outside, and needed over 16 TB of storage. I bought this guy https://www.amazon.com/N2-Pro-Infra...TXJDBXVEXZ5&psc=1&refRID=D642AMAYBTXJDBXVEXZ5 which was a bit pricey, but recorded inside and out. As for insurance, a carrier that I had didn't care when a rock hauler dumped rocks on my car and I captured it on video (he was coming around a turn too fast and didn't have the right of way so he slowed down and his cargo shifted and peppered the side of my car with gravel). It will save you though if someone is trying to insist they are not at fault and try to pin the blame on you. One thing I'll say about that Vantrue that I posted, the stupid CMOS battery is garbage and won't retain the date/time if your car cuts off the power to the cigarette lighter with the ignition off.

This is one I considered, as it also serves as a surveillance video camera in your car with the ability to monitor your car in real time with your phone. Owlcam | AI-Powered Vehicle Security System Only problem with this camera is that I read somewhere that they went bankrupt a few years ago. I don't think I could trust a company to take my money on a membership if I thought that they wouldn't honor the contract.

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
416 Posts
The Rexing V1P gets a ton of great reviews. It has internal GPS, WiFi, front and rear cams (but not inside the car), collision detection, parking monitoring, and comes with 32gb micro sd card and a hardwire kit. This is the one I would get as a stand-alone dash cam. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rexing...ItUWuddHWk6hRFqIZKEaAiQAEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

For my Titan, I went with the Kenwood DRV-N520. The reason I chose it was because it integrates with my DMX9707S head unit that I just installed. It has some really cool features like collision avoidance warnings. I can control all of its functions through the head unit and also access the rear CMOS-230 camera.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,789 Posts
And one of the ones on the wall at Walmart has great reviews, surprisingly

·
Registered
314 Posts
I bought dash cams for both trucks. Just make sure its 2 channel.
I watch too many youtube channels for wrecks on dash cams. Lol. Most people in TX only take traffic laws as mere "suggestions". Lol
A cam will save you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure how much you want to spend, but here in Canada the dealers will install Nissan branded thinkware cams. If you're lazy like me just get them to do it when it's in for service. Front and back cams, hooked up for parking and continuous recording. Cost me about 400$ Canadian out the door.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
This thread is right up my alley. I've also been thinking about buying one and looking for some suggestions. 👍

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro-4X
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got this “Apeman”? Dash cam from Amazon..

$59 and it works really good…
This brand gets amazing reviews on Amazon...thanks for the suggestion.
Where did you put the rear camera? In the back windows of the cab or did you wire it up to the license plate frame?

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro-4X
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure how much you want to spend, but here in Canada the dealers will install Nissan branded thinkware cams. If you're lazy like me just get them to do it when it's in for service. Front and back cams, hooked up for parking and continuous recording. Cost me about 400$ Canadian out the door.
I am curious...did the dealer installed cameras integrate with your infotainment system or were they stand alone with their own screen?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have two different Viofo front and rear dash cam models in my vehicles. A129 Plus Duo and Pro Duo. I had a modest budget so this fit the bill. I got the hardwire kit because i didn't want the cigarette lighter power cord dangling and taking up space. It has a lot of good features.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have two different Viofo front and rear dash cam models in my vehicles. A129 Plus Duo and Pro Duo. I had a modest budget so this fit the bill. I got the hardwire kit because i didn't want the cigarette lighter power cord dangling and taking up space. It has a lot of good features.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Those are the ones I have, The Pro Duo. Great pics and zooms in on plates with great readability. And much less expensive than Blackvue 920S 4K.

VIOFO A129Pro Duo Ultra 4K Front + Full HD 1080P Rear Dual Channel Wi-Fi Dash Camera

1 - 14 of 14 Posts