Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far 1badtitan has had a problem....

My question is this, is this problem only on the 4X4 or on both 4X4 and 4X2????????

Anybody else have this problem.

P.S. The reason I am starting this thread here is because this is the suspension forum and this is where it belongs. FYI

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I will have a diagnosis from the dealer tomorrow afternoon, I will post asap. As far as I know I am the only one to install this lift on a 4x4 with the off-road rancho setup. This may be a problem, or I may have messed up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just got the Daystar installed on my 4x2 today, I'll let you know how things go in a few weeks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
mytitan said:
ive had my kit for 2 months and no problems.....
MyTitan, Is yours 2wd or 4wd. Off-road or not? It seems the only person with a problem with the daystar is MyTitan. He has 4wd with the offroad package. I have the same set-up as him. I would like to put a daystar on mine but, I don't want problems.

·
Registered
493 Posts
2wd

ive driven my truck pretty hard w/ the lift and have yet to bottom out the suspension, evrything is working fine.....

·
Registered
497 Posts
heres a good link about spacers and problems faced with OEM shocks (click link) , and a part about spacers and off-road shocks. cornfed is going to release a spacer that doesnt add travel to the stock setup like the daystar but the down side is it limits travel. wish i would of found this earlier. http://home.earthlink.net/~larsdennert/4runner/lift/

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
They said that it is in fact the over-extended rancho struts and they will NOT cover it since I installed the kit and the total is $500. 2 new struts, an alignment and labor. My full warranty is back in effect for the whole truck since they are doing trhe work. They told me that they will NOT install the lift bushings again and if they see it back on the truck they will void the whole front suspension warranty forever. they also said they do not recommend the kit be reinstalled as it is aftermarket and said the coil bushing is way too large. It puts too much pressure on the strut rebound.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So whats the verdict, is it a 4x4 problem only or both 4x2 & 4x4????

I really wanted to level out the Titan but I dont want problems either. :computern

So I am assuming if you really dont want to chance having any problems with the daystar kit (or any leveling kit using spacers) that you purchase and install longer struts also?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont think anybody can say forsure because nobody so far with 4X2 has said they have had a problem.

Is the daystar kit exclusively for 4x2 that is why they are not having problems?

·
Registered
33 Posts
E-Mailed daystar

just got through e-mailing daystar w/ our concerns . lets see if they give a rats rectum about it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We have the CST 2.5 inch kit and do get a klunk under accel and hit a bump. I've heard it's normal and we should wait until Rancho comes out with upgraded shocks and struts for their lifts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I might be wrong, but if you make the springs longer (which is what you do by adding an inch and a half spacer on top of the spring), then you might top out the shock, therefore the klunk would be normal with the daystar 2.5 kit installed. Sorry I made the mistake of complaining to my husband about the noise.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Stupid question. When the shock tops out does it damage
the shock or is it just the klunk thats annoying. Was unable to intercept the UPS guy to refuse delivery of my daystar 2.5" kit. Now torn between whether to install and pray or stare at them and stew.

NO WORD FROM DAYSTAR @ E-Mail

1 - 20 of 36 Posts