Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In response to an e-mail I sent to daystar a technician from Daystar E-Mailed me today.He stated that he has installed numerous kits on the titan 4x4 w/ Offroad Pkg.(Ranchos) and has only had 1 over extension.
He then says that the kit was re-checked and found to be
OK.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
PigPen said:
In response to an e-mail I sent to daystar a technician from Daystar E-Mailed me today.He stated that he has installed numerous kits on the titan 4x4 w/ Offroad Pkg.(Ranchos) and has only had 1 over extension.
He then says that the kit was re-checked and found to be
OK.
Hmmmm. So is 1BadTitan the only one with a problems so far? I'm still interested in this kit, but want to make sure it's not going to blow my shocks.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I emailed them with my problem and they told me "the truck is new so we havent had the oportunity to install one yet but hope to soon". They said they have never had any complaints of any problems with these kits on any vehicle but I've heard many fron tundra owners who had nothing but problems. It seems like they make and market the kits before testing them on the actual vehicle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if they never installed one how the hell did they get the instructions drawn up. If they never installed one how did they design and field test the unit.Please tell me this company is not as half arsed as it appears.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
no they're not half arsed they have done the r&d on it and i've got friends with the daystar on their tundras and have had ZERO problems, plus they off-road with them as well. i ride in their tundras and do not hear the clunking of overextended struts either. so perhaps its just the rancho shocks on the off-road packaged titans, that's my take...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I can feel my struts top out when the wheels drop over big bumps. I don't have Ranchos either. Its not real bad yet but I plan on getting extended struts as soon as they come out late summer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts