Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonite while playing a cd I wanted to hear a song over again. I tracked back. For some reason it went back one song too many. I went forward once then it froze up. Once I shut key off then turned on, the display is blank but clock still works. Anyone had any similar issues. My truck is a 06 xe king cab with in dash 6 disc, mp3, aux plug, sat ready non rockford. Mileage is 11143.

·
Registered
13 Posts
XCITE said:
Tonite while playing a cd I wanted to hear a song over again. I tracked back. For some reason it went back one song too many. I went forward once then it froze up. Once I shut key off then turned on, the display is blank but clock still works. Anyone had any similar issues. My truck is a 06 xe king cab with in dash 6 disc, mp3, aux plug, sat ready non rockford. Mileage is 11143.
Can you eject any discs? You could try unhooking your negative battery cable for 30-45 minutes and see if that resets anything.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant eject discs. I'm afraid to loose my 2 degree advance with battery disconnected for too long.

·
Registered
196 Posts
XCITE said:
I cant eject discs. I'm afraid to loose my 2 degree advance with battery disconnected for too long.
Might as well disconnect the battery and try it. If you take it to the dealer for warranty repair they are going to disconnect it for a lot longer. Also, you will likely lose your CDs in the radio if they swap it out under warranty. I doubt they will dig them out for you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brought truck to dealership. They took radio out and unplugged it. Then pulled fuses under hood. Also disconnected my amp at battery and rehooked up. Now it works. That is the new story. First the service writer came out and said the radio needed to be re booted like a computer. The next time it happens they will charge me because of accessories in truck. My answer= tell me exactly what caused it so I can fix it. Remote turn on wire for my amp is connected at ignition with fuse. Satalite is hooked up to switched power point. Level for signal to amp is in kick panel from rear speakers then go to a converter box making low level. I never even took radio out. I said that sounds like a bull**** story and Magnuson Moss act says I can put accessories in truck and it must be proved what caused it. All I was asking was what caused the radio to freeze up and after going back to the techs thats when I got the new story. They said they didnt disconnect battery but incase they did it would have only been for 20 minutes. Would I have lost my 2 degree advance?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had a similar thing happen on the 2nd day home with my new 07. Got in the truck, started it, and the radio didn't work. Same thing you described, the clock was on the display, however it wouldn't power on. Turned the truck off waited a few minutes, and voila! it worked. Hasn't happened again. Strange....

Well, at least its a good excuse to rip that stocker out and go aftermarket?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn radio frooze up again today. Guess the dealership's "reboot" didnt work so well. While adjusting volume up it frooze at volume 21. The sound went up and down but display never changed. Once I got to work I shut off truck then restarted it and it was fine. I use my truck at my audio shop to demo how you can expand a stock system.(subs, speakers, sat radio). It would suck to change for that reason, but I can get some nice Eclipse double din nav systems really cheap!

·
Registered
210 Posts
You only need to disconnect battery for about 1-2 minutes, when this happens to me.

Happened twice, had radio replaced once.

They have to PROVE your aftermarket equipment caused it. You just keep on saying you don't understand how it affected the radio until they explain it or give it up, especially if you know what you're talking about, let them walk themselves into being a fool.
Chances are they're full of ****, and just trying to get an extra $ out of you.
I've had it happen, but I wouldn't pay like 90 $ an hour for them to fix something (a light out in the dash of my tundra). I just shook my head, and told them "Just change the oil then" or whatever routine thing i was in for.

But just un hook that negative, it's a PITA, but it will reboot itself.

With mine they didn't even look at it, just replaced it. Was it MP3 discs? that's what it was with mine.

This has happened a few times before, but I've not seen it for a while. It does take a while to get your discs back, and someone told me theirs were scratched when they got em back in the mail. Maybe used burn discs if you're worried about it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Mine has done it in the past when I would play MP3's. Since the last time it froze up, I stop playing MP3's and it hasn't frozen up yet. I still think the factory radio is a PIECE!

·
Registered
105 Posts
This exact problem just happen to me a few hours ago. I was skipping forward tracks on an MP3 disk and it froze up. The deck wouldn't play or eject discs and none of the other functions worked. I pulled in the driveway turned off the ignition, re-started it and it still didn't work. It just displays the time. I'm going to disconnect the negative battery terminal now. I'll be back online in a couple of hours and let you know how it worked.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm back. . . The audio system is now working again after disconnecting and re-connecting the negative battery cable. Before disconnecting the cable I tried to fix the problem by just pulling the fuses for the stereo. That didn't work. But I am happy to say disconnecting the negative battery cable did work. Hopefully this is the last time I will have to do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts