Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 with 83,500 miles died and I have no idea what happend. It just wont do anything until I try to jump it. then everything goes crazy. Light blink the back up sensors beep, the gauges go up an down. I swaped the batery from my 2007 so I know it not just that. I get power but no start. I dont even get any noise like it is trying to start. I turn the key and nothing happens. Please titan brothers help me save my truck and $$$$$$$$$!!! Any ideas???

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
something related to battery, like cables or connections or fuse?

IPDM ECU relay?

exhaust pipe flange rusted out aft of muffler and melted rear harness?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
something related to battery, like cables or connections or fuse?

IPDM ECU relay?

exhaust pipe flange rusted out aft of muffler and melted rear harness?
I checked all fuses and battery wires and the rear harness is good, just checked the axel area. I guess I can swap the relays and see what happens. Will cuting a alarm siren out mess anything up. Tha alarm was going crazy too so I just cut the 2 wires tat go to the siren.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats the part # for the relay?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Id say ipmd relay or find out what wires you cut. Electrical systems in newer cars these days are a lot more complex than you might think Imo. Those should be the first 2 things id try.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Will cuting a alarm siren out mess anything up. Tha alarm was going crazy too so I just cut the 2 wires tat go to the siren.
I know nearly nothing about car alarms/remote starts, but I assume that at least the sophisticated ones could prevent starting.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Check that alarm wire, maybe its a shared ground...just guessing

·
Premium Member
46,435 Posts
Nothing like searching for an electical gremlin...I'd pull accesory fuses one by one, some wire, somewhere crossed, possibly in your mods

·
Registered
144 Posts
if the alarm was activated...it likely has a starter kill feature. Cutting the siren wires will only stop the sound.

The parking lights will probably be flashing also (another part of the alarm function)

You need to find the hidden switch under the dash or somewhere that was installed by the alarm installer and turn on the key while holding that button down...or use the alarm remote to deactivate the alarm.

Most alarms will automatically activate when the battery is removed and then reconnected.

You may have had the alarm off for years..then if you get a new battery or run it dead, it will reactivate and you will need to turn it off before you can start the truck.

Cutting wires will not get your problem fixed.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if the alarm was activated...it likely has a starter kill feature. Cutting the siren wires will only stop the sound.

The parking lights will probably be flashing also (another part of the alarm function)

You need to find the hidden switch under the dash or somewhere that was installed by the alarm installer and turn on the key while holding that button down...or use the alarm remote to deactivate the alarm.

Most alarms will automatically activate when the battery is removed and then reconnected.

You may have had the alarm off for years..then if you get a new battery or run it dead, it will reactivate and you will need to turn it off before you can start the truck.

Cutting wires will not get your problem fixed.

The alarm was used every day for the past 6 months. I alarm isnt the problem it was just going crazy at 2:30AM and nothing would work. I cut the wire to shut it up. I went to NISSAN today and got an IPDM, so I will let you know the out come. I hope it works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts