Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone request the dealer to not install dealer badges on your Titan? If it was on the lot, this proably wasn't an option, but for those that have to wait for delivery, just wondering if they complied, and if so, did they put up a fight?

I plan on specifically asking for that when I give them my "check list" of things to check during setup (torque, tire pressure, etc).

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
bvstone1 said:
Anyone request the dealer to not install dealer badges on your Titan? If it was on the lot, this proably wasn't an option, but for those that have to wait for delivery, just wondering if they complied, and if so, did they put up a fight?

I plan on specifically asking for that when I give them my "check list" of things to check during setup (torque, tire pressure, etc).
I just removed them once I got it home. No sense getting them upset. They feel they have the right to put their name on your vehicle. Personally if I was to leave it on, I was going to ask them to pay advertising rates.

·
Registered
53 Posts
bvstone1 said:

Oh yeah, I did this back when I factory ordered my Dodge Grand Caravan back in '97 (well, a mini-van seemed like a good idea at the time...). I did give the dealer a choice though - they could pay me a one time advertising fee of $200 or they could not apply the damn dealer decals. When I went to pick up my new vehicle, they had put the decals on anyway and I had to remind the sales guy about the $200 they owed me. They paid up - I should have specified $500. Remember, that's free advertising you're doing for them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Bought mine off the back lot, dealer info was never put on

·
Registered
62 Posts
my Armada had only been on the lot a couple days.....it didn't have the dealer emblem on it and i told them i didn't want it on there. They said ok.
That was it!

·
Registered
80 Posts
dboogie,

As everyone has stated, just tell them you do not want the sticker on it, have never had a dealer argue with me over it. Plus if it's one of those that sticks out, not just a sticker, it leaves water marks after you wash it. Even if it's already on the lot, just tell them and I'll bet they remove it, no fuss...

·
Registered
62 Posts
SlipperyPete said:
dboogie,

As everyone has stated, just tell them you do not want the sticker on it, have never had a dealer argue with me over it. Plus if it's one of those that sticks out, not just a sticker, it leaves water marks after you wash it. Even if it's already on the lot, just tell them and I'll bet they remove it, no fuss...
:) :) Pete, my Armada never had the emblem on it. i told them i did not want them to put one on and they said ok. they never put one on. sorry if my other post confused ya, but thanks for backing me up. :cheers:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dealer emplems or stickers have not caught on much up here in the Northwest. I hope it stays that way. I see them on a lot of out-of-state vehicles, and I always wonder why customers let them do. I like the "make 'em pay or take it off" approach.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll second that Coug! Up here in the Northwest, I have yet to see a dealer that adds their own emblems or decals. I lived in the midwest for a short time and every brand of car had the dealer logos. The only dealer logos we have to deal with around here is the license plate frames, but a few screws and those are gone in seconds.

SSSHHHHH!!!!...don't give our dealers any ideas. :pparanoid:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went in today with my "list" of things for them. Leaving badges off was no problem. I pointed out my Tundra has none and I just take them off. Most likely they will "forget", but luckily it's just a small sticker. Sometimes that type of info doesn't get relayed to the boys doing the prep work.

I'll just peel it off before I take it off the lot if it's there. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts