Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped off my '04 Titan at the dealer because the high pressure line burst.

I was supposed to pick it up at lunch and called first.

The service writer told me that when the technician was bleeding the system that the pressure relief valve stuck on the power steering pump and both the rack and the pump blew up. Estimated cost: $2175.

They are putting in a request to Nissan as I type this, but it sounds as though they are going to try and stick me with the bill.

Can they actually do this?

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
They are insured!
Call the General Manager!

·
Super Moderator
159,630 Posts
From Edmunds dot com:

Drivetrain: Drivetrain warranties take care of most of the parts that make the car move, like the engine, transmission, drive axles and driveshaft. Like the basic auto warranty, parts subject to wear and tear like hoses and belts are not covered. However, most of the internal parts of the engine, such as the pistons and bearings, which are subject to wear and tear, are covered by the drivetrain warranty. See your owner's manual or local dealer for specific coverage.

Probably not covered. Sorry.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
bwalkertitan said:
Does anyone know if the steering rack and pump are part of the drive train?The truck has 55000 miles on it, so I am still under 60000.
They are responsible for the incident, and therefore must cover it.
If they tell you otherwise, tell them your attorney will be calling.

·
Super Moderator
159,630 Posts
I agree BBomar. They are responsible and should cover it. I was just answering the specific question about the powertrain warranty covering this. It won't.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Carbeaux said:
I agree BBomar. They are responsible and should cover it. I was just answering the specific question about the powertrain warranty covering this. It won't.
And you would be correct on that, Carbeaux!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bestatchess said:
There are some cautions in the service manual that may help you.

Thanks so much buddy!! This will really be helpful. They already told me that there was no way to measure the pressure and that they didn't use a gauge. Considering that the high pressure line burst, they should have checked to see if something was wrong with the pump instead of just assuming it was ok and filling and bleeding the system as one would do normally with a ps flush.

This will really help me i think!

:clap:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bestatchess said:
There are some cautions in the service manual that may help you.
I just wanted to say thanks again - Nissan North America is paying half and the dealer is paying the other half.

Without those pages from the factory service manual, i doubt this would have been the end result.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
That makes being a TitanTalk member worth everything! Great help on that issue guys; now we know what makes bestatchess a "supermoderator" . :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts