Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nissan tech friend just called and he told me the techline called back after their conversation on friday about my stereo. They are shipping him some additional antenae leads.
They also told him that the RF stereo with 6 disc and dvd will not show no sat untill the hardware is installed. I may have to order one and see if he is right.

I will let you all know if it works!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
jeeptug said:
They also told him that the RF stereo with 6 disc and dvd will not show no sat untill the hardware is installed.

It will NOT show NO SAT until the SAT hardware is installed? Is that what you meant?

·
Registered
514 Posts
rrumaner said:
It will NOT show NO SAT until the SAT hardware is installed? Is that what you meant?
Makes sense. No SAT means it can't receive a sattelite signal, and that message would most likely only come from the satellite receiver, which isn't installed.

Still thinkin the kit with the receiver, antenna and mounting brackets is all that is needed. The instructions are pretty clear on how this works, and i don't see where the extra "pre-wire" cable would be needed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was my understanding. I am not sure if it is correct or not, I am just relaying what the techline is telling us.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had lunch with them today and he elaborated a little on the info. He got the feeling from the techline that they were not a 100% sure that it would fix it, but that they wanted to try it. He is a really good friend so I dont really have a problem if he tears into the dash. I just dont want to bog him down with nitpicky work that doesnt pay as well as non warranty work. He told me to go ahead and order the xm and he would install it while he was doing the ant leads. I will keep you all posted on how it turns out. I have no idea when the parts are going to be in but I imagine it will be next week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts