Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take my truck into Anderson Nissan in Loves Park, IL for a few quick fixes that I had neglected to do for a little bit.

1) The window auto up did not work with keyfob....they said that's not a feature this truck has anyway? Maybe I was mistaken, but I thought it was, I know it goes down.

2)Rear passenger door latch doesn't always catch, and takes a few tries....they told me the door had been replaced by a previous owner and they could not warranty a body shops work? I don't know if the door was even replaced or for what reason, since I'm the second owner.

3) Rear window is leaking in automatic carwashes.....they said that since the rear door was replaced the accident could have shifted the alignment of the rear window, and they refused to fix that as well.

Needless to say I'm upset. I don't know if the truck was in an accident, but I bought the truck from a Nissan dealer, with a extended warranty to boot. I really think they should be looking into these problems and I am pissed that they blew me off like that. Has anyone had any issues like this or suggestions? It was the service manager that I dealt with. I didn't pay all this money for a warranty so I could be dealt with like trash!

·
Super Moderator
37,270 Posts
OMNIHUGE said:
I take my truck into Anderson Nissan in Loves Park, IL for a few quick fixes that I had neglected to do for a little bit.

1) The window auto up did not work with keyfob....they said that's not a feature this truck has anyway? Maybe I was mistaken, but I thought it was, I know it goes down.

2)Rear passenger door latch doesn't always catch, and takes a few tries....they told me the door had been replaced by a previous owner and they could not warranty a body shops work? I don't know if the door was even replaced or for what reason, since I'm the second owner.

3) Rear window is leaking in automatic carwashes.....they said that since the rear door was replaced the accident could have shifted the alignment of the rear window, and they refused to fix that as well.

Needless to say I'm upset. I don't know if the truck was in an accident, but I bought the truck from a Nissan dealer, with a extended warranty to boot. I really think they should be looking into these problems and I am pissed that they blew me off like that. Has anyone had any issues like this or suggestions? It was the service manager that I dealt with. I didn't pay all this money for a warranty so I could be dealt with like trash!
Don't know about the other problems but they are right, there is no auto up from the key fob only auto down.

·
Super Moderator
93,867 Posts
Is it the same dealer you bought the truck from? If not I would take it back to them.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No I bought the truck from a Nissan dealership an hour away from here, and I've considered taking it to them. I guess that's my next step since I can't get anywhere here. It just really doesn't seem right that I bought it from a nissan dealer without knowing of any problems and now they refuse to warranty the truck.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Extended warranties aren't all you would hope they would be. Did you buy the Nissan 'Gold' warranty or was it an off brand? Read it carefully, all the fine print.
Did your original dealer offer a CarFax? If not have you pulled it and checked for an accident? I would take it to an independent body shop to have the repair evaluated. Tell them you are interested in a full review including frame check because you plan to present it to the original dealer.

Years ago I bought a used Civic. When I had tires put on it would not align, tire shop said it had been wrecked. Took it to a Ford frame shop, they did a full write up (may cost you a few hundred) and I presented that to the Honda dealer.

After a very laid back talk with the manager, service manager and an owner rep we agreed to split the cost of the frame repair. I paid 50% of the dealers base hourly rate, $300. Ford had estimated the repair at over $1K. They even gave me a rental. :)

You can get this fixed in an amicable fashion, be patient, firm and take good notes. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts