Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to go to the dealership and get a 2nd transponder key made for my new to me Titan today. They did a 29,000 point or whatever they call it inspection and said all is good except for a leaking upper power steering hose, said 450 parts and labor to fix.

Anyone fix this on their own and have good luck. I researched a bit today and saw that gates makes a replacement hose and in the description says goes from the pump to the rack, starts out as rubber with metal ends and transitions to hardline. Is this what is considered the "upper" power steering hose, seems to me since it is one piece it would be called just "the power steering hose". I asked specifically where it was leaking and the service writer said near the end.

I have to take a look for myself, but does anyone have any words of wisdom or certain areas that should be looking for or at.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Pretty common hose that leaks. Its the high pressure P.S. hose. I average one every couple weeks on the QX56 at work. Just make sure you install the new hose with new crush washers.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I had 2 replaced under warrantee. My latest hose has been weeping oil for 20k now. No drips just slow seep. I added Lucas PS leak stop stuff and it seems to have slowed the "weeping" quite a bit.

·
Registered
942 Posts
subscribing to thread.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
My pressure hose is weeping also, I just clean up the hose once a week and make sure its full when ever I think about it. I had planned to replace it myself but.... ill probably leave it until I have a more serious issue. I took it to the dealer 15 days out of warranty and they wouldn't cover it but offered to fix it for $550, I have a lot more things $550 could go to other then a weeping hose.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Mine is also weeping, but its not as bad as I thought it was because the low pressure line that run right next to it were swelling up and actually leaking more then the HP line.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Same problem here. Except mine is leaking pretty bad. May just try some Lucas for now. 550?! Holy crap. Thank god I never go to the dealer. Lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does this pressure hose fall under the basic warranty of 36 months/36,000 miles, or the powertrain 60 months/60,000 miles?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts