Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took my Titan in today for a warranty repair on the rear door of my '07 KC Titan; they were to replace the hinge.

Well 2 @#$%^&* later the service advisor tells me that the mechanic didn't check the part as it's unpainted and must be sent off to a body shop. I promptly stated it's not the mechanics fault. The part was ordered by another mechanic the previous weekend and this should have been taken care of. Needless to say I was mad but not furious.

So as I'm looking over my Titan with only 468 miles on the odo I see all these scratches from where the [email protected]#$ mechanic left his mark; now I'm furious and demand the service advisors attention. He only sd we'll take care of it and promptly gave me the service manager's info as there were no managers on site since it was Saturday.

So....Guess who's going to have a bad Monday:boxing:!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
I dont see a problem as long as they are going to fix it. Ask for a rental and make sure they fix it good.

·
Registered
805 Posts
bummer! hopefully, and they usually do, they'll fix it up good for ya.

my last trip to the dealer, which i thought was just for the recall and an oil change, turned out to be a $636 HORROR story, not to mention i didnt drive out w the truck. (THREAD: "Oil filter horror story", in Titan/Dealer problems)

anywaz, hope it gets fixed up soon! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh man. That blows.

At least you're better off than I was a few years back.
Bought a brand new 02 Sentra Spec V .. took it to the dealer per recall notice. When I looked it over, they had CRACKED THE ENTIRE FRONT BUMPER.
Then proceeded to deny it. Boy, was that a great week.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Helinut1970 said:
I dont see a problem as long as they are going to fix it. Ask for a rental and make sure they fix it good.
Problem is it's a brand new truck, I wasted 2 hours of my day because of another screw-up & now I will be inconvenienced at least 2 more times; so it's a big deal to me.

This is a prime example of someone else's total lack of regard for your personal property.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I uploaded some pics. These are just a few and it had rained earlier today so of course the truck is a little dirty; rained just enough to make a mess...

·
Registered
805 Posts
DRKSDE said:
I uploaded some pics. These are just a few and it had rained earlier today so of course the truck is a little dirty; rained just enough to make a mess...
wow..... they are worse than i thought. those are some heavy duty scratches!
and im w ya on other peeps making things worse for ya. in my case a simple oil change from Expressway ended up costing me $636 at the dealer!... :(

·
Registered
514 Posts
Jesus it looks like it was hit with a wire wheel. Maybe if they made the tech's pay for that stuff they would be more carefull. Of coarse nowadays no one has the balls to admit they did anything.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
phugoid said:
wow..... they are worse than i thought. those are some heavy duty scratches!
and im w ya on other peeps making things worse for ya. in my case a simple oil change from Expressway ended up costing me $636 at the dealer!... :(
Yeah, now you see why I'm furious! I can't wait 'till tomorrow.

Funny thing is I just got the dealer survey last week; it aint gonna be pretty:thedevil:...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ProjectTitan007 said:
Maybe if they made the tech's pay for that stuff they would be more carefull.
Right on bro!

Oh and no way they can deny it, truck only had 468 miles on it + I had the service advisor put it in writing...

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've been where your at. Make them give you a rental and make sure its fixed exactly the way you want it.

The dealer tired to tell me that I did it because there was dirt all over the truck. The day they did it they were trying to diagnose a water leak and were spraying the truck with water all day.

Talked to the service manager and they fixed it right up. Yeah had to waste more time getting it fixed but they put it back to together the way I wanted it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
3Riverssouth said:
I've been where your at. Make them give you a rental and make sure its fixed exactly the way you want it.

The dealer tired to tell me that I did it because there was dirt all over the truck. The day they did it they were trying to diagnose a water leak and were spraying the truck with water all day.

Talked to the service manager and they fixed it right up. Yeah had to waste more time getting it fixed but they put it back to together the way I wanted it.
Oh it will be right but it still sucks. Most of the scratches can probably be buffed out but I'm worried abt 2 areas. I'd hate to break the paint on a new truck...

·
Registered
287 Posts
I agree it sucks. They had to sand down the the whole corner of my bumper to paint it. Guy did a great job though can even tell where it was painted.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3Riverssouth said:
I agree it sucks. They had to sand down the the whole corner of my bumper to paint it. Guy did a great job though can even tell where it was painted.
Well I dropped it off first thing this morning. Stopped by after work & it looks like most of it came out but they still want to keep it. Service mgr sd he wasn't ready to give it back, which I agreed because it still isn't quite right.

They also have a new rubber door seal on order since it got pinched/ripped in several areas; this because the mechanic didn't secure the wires & they got caught in the door.

Hopefully I'll have it back tomorrow. I sure miss my truck; I've only logged 500 miles so I haven't even enjoyed it yet...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Glad to hear it's going good . I also am going to have my truck repainted where it was re-paired. I wasn't happy with it and the owner of the place acually agreed . So hopefully it alls works out for us both.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ProjectTitan007 said:
Glad to hear it's going good . I also am going to have my truck repainted where it was re-paired. I wasn't happy with it and the owner of the place acually agreed . So hopefully it alls works out for us both.
Thanks man & likewise for you.

·
Registered
287 Posts
DRKSDE said:
Well I dropped it off first thing this morning. Stopped by after work & it looks like most of it came out but they still want to keep it. Service mgr sd he wasn't ready to give it back, which I agreed because it still isn't quite right.

They also have a new rubber door seal on order since it got pinched/ripped in several areas; this because the mechanic didn't secure the wires & they got caught in the door.

Hopefully I'll have it back tomorrow. I sure miss my truck; I've only logged 500 miles so I haven't even enjoyed it yet...

They did give you a loaner right? I know I demanded it even when I went in for the other work I was having done especially since the truck was only a 2 weeks old.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
3Riverssouth said:
They did give you a loaner right? I know I demanded it even when I went in for the other work I was having done especially since the truck was only a 2 weeks old.
Oh yeah! I Didn't even have to ask. In fact the Service Mgr called while I was standing there & requested a rental equiv to my Titan but all they had was an Altima so I took it; don't really care I just want my truck back the way it was.

I called today and they are waiting on the weather-strip, which is supposed to be in tomorrow, so I should have it back tomorrow afternoon.

I'll keep you posted...

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Don't feel bad. I had a Chevy 2500 CC short bed before the Titan.
I took it in for an oil change, and some lot lizard totally muched the LR side of the bed. They "fixed" it, but I refused to accept the halfass repair, so they agreed to quarter it, and ended up doing a perfect job. In the meantime, I was without my truck for 10 weeks. Looks like you got off pretty easy.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts