Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my Titan out of state and won't be able to take it back to that dealer if I experience any problems like some of you have. Assuming I have some problems, can I take it to the nearest dealer and have a chance of getting them fixed? What are your thoughts on this. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
As long as the truck is under factory warranty or a Nissan extended warranty this should not be an issue.

CHris

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I purchased my Titan out of state because my local dealer didn't have the tow package on the Titan I wanted. I asked dealer that I bought from out of state the same question. He advised me to remove all of his dealership's logo items (key chains, license plate holder, business cards, etc.) before I took it to my local dealer for service. He said that dealers take care of the people that purchased from them a little better and if I removed their stuff they wouldn't notice where the vehicle was purchased.

·
Registered
60 Posts
enos said:
I'm getting my Titan out of state and won't be able to take it back to that dealer if I experience any problems like some of you have. Assuming I have some problems, can I take it to the nearest dealer and have a chance of getting them fixed? What are your thoughts on this. Thanks.
Glad you asked the question; I was wondering the same thing. Not so much about normal warranty work but what about initial problems such as scratches and dings that could be questioned by some place you didn't buy. I would hate to drive 300 miles for something relatively minor. Responses so far have been informative.....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LastHurrah said:
Glad you asked the question; I was wondering the same thing. Not so much about normal warranty work but what about initial problems such as scratches and dings that could be questioned by some place you didn't buy. I would hate to drive 300 miles for something relatively minor. Responses so far have been informative.....

That's sort of why I asked the question. I will give it a total lookover when I pick up the truck originally. I figure after that, I should be able to take it to any dealer. I was just wondering if it would be a problem. Thanks for the responses guys. :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Someone tell me the best way to remove dealer stick-ons, labeling etc. ?

Maybe closer dealer service dept. won't know where I got the truck or will their computer tell them anyway?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Removing "stick ons"

Hi, I'm a new member and have not posted anything. This is why you will not recognize my name. The best way to remove a stuck on item(i.e. pinstripes, dealer plaque) is to heat them with a heat gun or hair dryer. This even works to remove the factory mudflaps. :gunz:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts