Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok,

I am quite pissed at this point in time. I recieved a phone call this morning from the dealer stating that they have been unable to identify the problem and that they were still looking in to it. (see original thread below for details)

Let me preface this by saying that all of my modifications (K&N Fipak, Throttle body Spacer and Banks Exhaust have been on my truck since 15 days after I purchased it. The truck has been in to Suburban Nissan in Troy Michigan 8 to 12 times for TSB's and routine maintainance (trans flush,Rad flush, transfer case gear oil change etc...) The truck has never had any issues for drivability.

Now 2 1/2 years later it has a drivability issue and low and behold the blame comes to my air intake and throttle body spacer. They claim that the air is rushing past the MAF so fast that the MAF can not read it and it is causing a lean condition, because of the throttle body spacer and K&N Fipak the wire can not read the air flow.

Now my problem with this is that the wire is a hot wire and only reads temperature (humidity is factored using heat enthalpy.) So I dont buy the BS. They also said there was an update to the ECU programming and that they found a bad ground to the ECU that was also causing issues.

They also state that they removed my K&N and TB spacer and replaced it with a stock set up and it ran much better (that I am getting a lean condition due to my intake).

Due to their putting a stock air intake system on it (that i did not authorize). There was a lot of labor involved in taking mine off and putting the stock one on, then reversing the process.

They then said that the truck is back to the way it was and it was still having issues with the misfire and that I should put the stock air intake on it to resolve the issue. They also claim that my Banks exhaust could be part of the problem.

My argument to that is that the truck has run just fine until 7 days ago when this problem came up. The cold air intake, throttle body spacer and exhaust have been there since day one, without any issues for 2 1/2 years. So why does it show up now?

They then said please come pick up the truck, your bill is $291.50for our hard work diagnosing your problem that we have not been able to fix.

They also recommended that I take the truck to a performance tuner to have him richen up the A/F ratio 25% to make it run right with my K&N set up. The same setup:futwice: :futwice: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: that I have not had any issues with for the past two and a half years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fu: :futwice:

Original thread: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-problems-dealer-service/56804-anyone-else-ever-have-problem.html

·
Super Moderator
34,523 Posts
I would call that the typical "Let's throw some sh!t on the wall and see what sticks."

I vote that they have no idea what is wrong with your truck and are too lazy to really find out.

It is obviously all your fault.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whiteLE said:
Vector

How many miles are on your Titan?

white

26,000 miles on it

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
37L1 said:
I would call that the typical "Let's throw some sh!t on the wall and see what sticks."

I vote that they have no idea what is wrong with your truck and are too lazy to really find out.

It is obviously all your fault.

Hi 3L71 I totally agree with you. These guys are complete morons. I believe it is an issue with the ignition. I just cant believe the balls they have to ask me for money when the truck is under warranty.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'd tell them they should of had you ride in the truck if the intake fixed it . Otherwise I'd talk to the exact tech who did the exchange and get a read on whether it's BS or not . If you think it is tell them you'll pay the money but your going to let Nissan now how they're running the dealership. And just see what they say .

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
37L1 said:
I think it is time for a second opinion. Got another dealership you can take it to? Maybe those guys will have a clue and some ethics.

Yeah there is a dealer that is 30 miles from me that actually has some intellegence, they build up Titans before they sell them. But its a long way to go for service.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
514 Posts
If you authorized them to diagnose it then I think they can do what the think will work . But if they didn't find anything then WTF ..

·
Registered
5,338 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,523 Posts
Vector said:
Not sure what they will say about their warranty coverage. Its listed below. The Magnuson-moss act states that they have to prove that my parts caused the damage.

Out of Nissans warranty book.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED
DAMAGE, FAILURES OR CORROSION DUE TO
ACCIDENTS, MISUSE OR ALTERATIONS
This warranty does not cover damage, failures or corrosion
resulting from:
■ Accident, theft, fire, driving through water (including engine
water ingestion) or misuse (Proper use is outlined in
your OWNER’S MANUAL).
■ Alteration, tampering or improper repair.
■ Installation of non-Nissan approved accessories or components.:ugh:
■ Improper installation of any Nissan approved or aftermarket
accessory or component.
They can say that but they still have to prove that your parts caused the problem. I'd get a hold of K&N and Banks and let them know about this shizznit.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure how this will affect how they treat the situation. Magnuson-Moss states that they have to prove that my items caused the problems.

Here is what Nissans Warranty book states on page 6 (2004)

6 2004 NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
DAMAGE, FAILURES OR CORROSION DUE TO
ACCIDENTS, MISUSE OR ALTERATIONS
This warranty does not cover damage, failures or corrosion
resulting from:
■ Accident, theft, fire, driving through water (including engine
water ingestion) or misuse (Proper use is outlined in
your OWNER’S MANUAL).
■ Alteration, tampering or improper repair.
■ Installation of non-Nissan approved accessories or components. :ugh:
■ Improper installation of any Nissan approved or aftermarket :ugh:
accessory or component.

·
Registered
805 Posts
wow, that reeks!
i hope u get it fixed somehow. i also have banks, and hopefully i wont have that issue down the road.
tho, w the issue w the dealer, i recently had a dealer/Expressway issue which cost me over $600 bucks.
but after a month of haggling both sides, and talking to the big wigs, Expressway caved in and will re-imburse me. so dont let up on them, keep going up the chain! good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got finished reading through all the postings. I am a Nissan Service Manager and agree with the BS that you have been given. My guys have to prove to me that the installed parts (custom) caused the problem. I haven't come across your issue yet but I will talk about it 5/23 and get in touch

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
37L1 said:
They can say that but they still have to prove that your parts caused the problem. I'd get a hold of K&N and Banks and let them know about this shizznit.

I will give them a call tomorrow.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sent emails to both K&N and Banks. I will also call them tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts