Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my truck in to the dealership today because it wouldnt shift into Reverse or Park. I am still covered under the factory warranty but they wouldn't give me a rental car. The guy working told me they dont supply rental cars for Warranty work. My brother owns a Titan and they gave him a rental car when he took his truck in and he had the same standard warranty as me. Can anyone tell me if I should be able to get a rental car or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Tell them to give you a sleeping bag and a pillow because you cant leave. Then start singing out loud and do some yoga on the floor, I wonder how fast they would supply you with one.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Ourbaby said:
Tell them to give you a sleeping bag and a pillow because you cant leave. Then start singing out loud and do some yoga on the floor, I wonder how fast they would supply you with one.
omg thats awesome, im doing that next time !!! chances are i would !!

my dealer has an enterprise desk inside so idk what to tell you

·
Premium Member
3,842 Posts
Depends on the dealership. Loaner cars are on them, not on Nissan.

They also have a limited number of them so it's first come, first served basis only.

Clint

·
Registered
718 Posts
Rental car is not specified in the warranty.

If you get Nissan's extended warranty, you do get a rental while they perform warranty work on your Titan.

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
Clint said:
Depends on the dealership. Loaner cars are on them, not on Nissan.

They also have a limited number of them so it's first come, first served basis only.

Clint

Pretty much the case there. I know my local one will not give you one if the work is going to take a day to fix. If it takes sometime to do ( 2+ days or longer ) they will give you one.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
My dealer hooks me up and gets me a rental at $20 a day, when it's a CP deal and asks Nissan when warranty..

Hey P do I need to call your dealer for you and tell them who you are?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
My dealer usually don't give one unless it's 2 or more days in the shop. For 1 days work, they will either give you a ride to or from work but not both.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Some dealerships give loaners as a courtesy to their customers, while others do not. Nissan dealerships are not required by corporate to supply loaners even if it is for warranty work.

The dealership wher I bought my Titan does provide a loaner for warranty work, but the dealership where I purchased my wifes Xterra does not.

Always ask up front when you purchase a new vehicle if you will be provided a loaner for warranty work, that way their will be no surprises.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the response. Hopefully the truck wont be in the shop much longer. They promised they would call me today but I still haven't heard anything.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Along the same lines... I got rear ended (totally the other guy's fault) and I was shocked to learn that my state only requires a $15 per day payout by the other party's insurnace company. Most will give more if/when you throw a fit but that just seems crazy that their insured can take you out of a $35K truck and only have to give you $15 a day... In case any of you haven't been rental car shopping recently, $15/day doesn't even get you one wheel.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've run into the exact same problem with Ford when my transmission was being rebuilt 4 times in 20,000 miles. Eventually they'll give you a rental no questions asked, but at first Ford wouldn't cover a rental car for warranty work. I have the extended warranty and that covers $28 a day. If you don't have the extended warranty you're screwed. I probably would have paid upwards of $800+ for the rental cars I had getting my transmission's rebuilt.

My uncle has a 2008 F250 Super Duty that just died and stranded him in the mountains of Colorado. Well, the dealer wouldn't give him a rental car at first either and he only has 5000 miles on the truck. He had the extended warranty and was covered for $28 a day.

Now I think they should have some sort of a prorated warranty system regarding major repairs. If you have a major problem under 10,000 miles you should be given the royal treatment. Then after 10K miles reduce some of the benefits.

I'm done with Ford now. I'm hopefully about to lemon law my truck and get a Titan.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
memsu, sorry im to lazy to read all your posts but havent you said that storry a few times ?? at least your sticken to it and waiting it out for the titan and hopefully they dont screw ya man...

·
Registered
679 Posts
memsu said:
I've run into the exact same problem with Ford when my transmission was being rebuilt 4 times in 20,000 miles. Eventually they'll give you a rental no questions asked, but at first Ford wouldn't cover a rental car for warranty work. I have the extended warranty and that covers $28 a day. If you don't have the extended warranty you're screwed. I probably would have paid upwards of $800+ for the rental cars I had getting my transmission's rebuilt.

My uncle has a 2008 F250 Super Duty that just died and stranded him in the mountains of Colorado. Well, the dealer wouldn't give him a rental car at first either and he only has 5000 miles on the truck. He had the extended warranty and was covered for $28 a day.

Now I think they should have some sort of a prorated warranty system regarding major repairs. If you have a major problem under 10,000 miles you should be given the royal treatment. Then after 10K miles reduce some of the benefits.

I'm done with Ford now. I'm hopefully about to lemon law my truck and get a Titan.
When I was first driving my boss had me take the company Ford truck in for service... I was so impressed with all the people running around the service dept. and how fast they got me checked in. It was like a 6 lane super freeway running into the shop. I remember his reply to this day when I toldhim how organized it all was.... "Well, it's not exactly like the Maytag man"

I realize the size of a service dept is based on the size of the dealership but it was always kind of funny to me how many vehicles that place was setup to process.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
memsu said:

Wow FORD really does mean Found On Road Dead LOL

sorry to hear that happened....honestly I think a dealership should give some sort of allowance towards a rental on warranty (not covering completely), especially if its in for something that is a complete incovienence to their customer. I remember when I first had to take my Titan in for the bed liner bubble issue (back when they were replacing the ENTIRE bed) and my SA got me a rental from across the street, at a reduced rate, and a few other times he just yanked a car off the used lot for me to use (he knew I lived aways away). It meant alot to see me being taken care of after all the BS I dealt with my Tundra. Its a tough call though, cause I can certainly see EVERYONE that comes in for service demanding a rental while their car is being serviced, since too many people have blown 'the customer is always right' way far out the window.....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yeah, I was still fighting for a rental car while my truck was getting the transmission replaced for the 3rd time. During the 4th rebuild I was given the rental car of my choice. Since the Mustang GT was gone I got a F-150 for 2 weeks. I'm glad I did, because I was able to compare the operation of the transmission to mine. I didn't have a single issue with the way it shifted. So, I'm convinced they still haven't found the exact cause yet.

It is doing much better now after the 4th rebuild. They had a few Ford engineers look at it and they found a piston casing in the transmission that would warp when it got hot and seize one of the pistons. However, I'm still having an issue after a long drive. Instead of acting up 8 times a day it will act up 4 times a week. I started keeping a log of the times it acted up since the dealer's last chance to fix the problem.

I'm about to send a letter to Ford saying it hasn't been completely fixed yet. They have 30 days from the receipt of the letter to fix my truck. If not then I can file a lemon law. If they do attempt to repair it then I'll have approximately 6 months to try out the repair.

·
Registered
363 Posts
keiffers said:
Wow FORD really does mean Found On Road Dead LOL

sorry to hear that happened....honestly I think a dealership should give some sort of allowance towards a rental on warranty (not covering completely), especially if its in for something that is a complete incovienence to their customer. I remember when I first had to take my Titan in for the bed liner bubble issue (back when they were replacing the ENTIRE bed) and my SA got me a rental from across the street, at a reduced rate, and a few other times he just yanked a car off the used lot for me to use (he knew I lived aways away). It meant alot to see me being taken care of after all the BS I dealt with my Tundra. Its a tough call though, cause I can certainly see EVERYONE that comes in for service demanding a rental while their car is being serviced, since too many people have blown 'the customer is always right' way far out the window.....
Hey, I see you bought your truck at Maxwell Nissan in Round Rock, TX. I live in Austin and that's the one dealer I haven't checked out yet. Looks like I'll be stopping buy to see what they have. I bought my F150 not to far from there at Mac Haik Ford. The sales department was awesome, but I'm not too thrilled about the service department.

I'm definitely going to check Maxwell out if they have good service like you've experienced.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Oh yeah, this is a pretty funny story. The dealer my uncle dealt with in Colorado was a Ford, Toyota, and Dodge dealer. Well the service department is separated out by the different manufacturers. The Ford guy was completely swamped, the Dodge dealer had a few service orders, and the Toyota guy was bored out of his mind.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts