Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if it wasn't for bad luck, I guess I wouldn't have any. Took the truck in earlier this week for the blower fan intermitently not working. 100K warranty, no issue, and dang hot here in the Dallas area. They will look at it. So the service rep gets in my truck, pulls it around back to wait for a bay to work on it. I forgot my smokes so I walk back there to get them in the truck. I walk around the right side of it, and the rear door and bed is crushed in. I freak, what the hell happened, that was not there two minutes ago. No one in sight of course now, so about thirty minutes later I walk to the office again, and here comes the service rep and the service manager to me. So now I am livid, you can imagine that discussion. They apologize profusely, but still 30 minutes later? They are going to fix it, 4800.00 damage. Making them do it all with no body filler of any sort. New bedside on the right side. He nailed the rear bumper of a new Frontier turning the corner. Can't believe it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Wow what an idiot! You probably handled that a lot better than I would have haha. Sorry about your truk man, at least they are going to fix it and didn't deny they did it.

·
Premium Member
58,745 Posts
I feel for you. It really sucks when somebody else does this to your baby. A month ago a woman driving an Escalade rear ended my 06 T. I'm driving an 11 now.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Took me over a month to get a new tailgate that the dealer crushed in on my Titan. Those idiots pu a new one on, but totally different shade of white. The second time they fixed it they got the paint correct but put on the wrong emblems on the back. Mine is a SE and they put on LE.

ARG! Good luck dude getting it fixed.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Ugggh, got the door too it looks like. That's a bummer.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
That sucks. Sorry to hear about your luck.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Ah man, your beautiful truck!!! That guy should not be working at a car lot. He hit a parked vehicle in the middle of the day? :bangit:

Sorry to hear that, Sftail! Unfortunately i have that same luck. At least it was the dealership who did it & you know it will get fixed... :teeth:

Reactions: 08crewcab

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Damn that sucks.. my ex worked at gmc, and I personally saw a guy back a brand new sierra into a g8 in the shop.. he lost his job (had to have a drug test and failed)

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
This happened to me before with my 67 Mustang. I was having the transmission rebuilt. The guy thought he had it in park, but he had it in reverse and it was running while he was filling up the transmission with fluid. Guess what? Once it got enough fluid to drive, it did - drove off on its own in reverse, smashed dead rear-ended into the corner of a car. Wrecked the entire rear end of my car. So I feel for you, that really sucks.

Did you have your insurance agent look it over? Are you sure there's no frame damage on the bottom?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
omg man i would be so effin livid too....i treat my vehicle like my gf sadly lol. i hope it all gets handled in the correct manner !

·
Registered
707 Posts
Bummer man, you are gonna lose your special decals on that side too, probably not replaceable?

I'd visit your truck in the shop every other day or so. That way you can keep an eye on that bucket of bondo.... my wife wrecked her new Impreza, and the body shop did a horrible job first time around, I didn't accept it. They re-did the work and invited me over several times to see the CORRECT parts and way of fixing the car.

·
Premium Member
46,429 Posts
that sux, like Turbo says, watch them like a hawk

and dont forget your free loaner car

·
Registered
506 Posts
That's WTF they get!!!! Not your truck but the dealer..... Now that 5 grand is some of what they took from us on the high *** service prices....

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Man that sucks, my dealer scraped the corner of my front bumper, made them repaint it, also scraped the side of my big tow mirror, and I'm pretty sure they also put the small ding in my rear bumper but I didn't notice it until a couple days later, oh and took a big chunk out of one of my tires right after I bought them, all on separate occasions, needless to say I don't use them anymore.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Man, I hope they can fix it up good. They're going to have to almost paint the whole side of the truck to get it to match properly.

That's why I always ask the service writer to do a "walk around" with me before I let them have the keys. That way, if they do wreck it, they won't be able to weasel out of it by saying the damage was already there. You're lucky they owned up to it and admitted they were responsible. If you hadn't walked back there right after he drove into the service lot, they wouldv'e given it back to you like nothing happened I'm sure.

This is another reason why I never bring my truck into the dealer if I absolutely don't have to.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah the door is to be reskinned as well or a new door, I make the determining decision on that. Just like I told them there, there will be no alterations to this estimate they did without my approval. I have already told them that my attorney was notified that day. He is ready for any BS. Yes they are giving me another Titan until it is fixed. Will have my attorney look into this diminished value also. They were glad to see me go after that day. They are actually going to cut out that piece on the cab, my demand, plus it will see the frame rack as well, I don't think he could have tweaked the frame, but now is the time to know. The Nismo stripe kit, I found one from the dealer that I used before the move. He located one for me. I still have the remnants of the kit from the last time someone ran into the back of it, so I still have a right side available even though they are discontinued but I wanted to make sure that I had a new kit if possible. So really I will have another rear both sides for spare when it is all done.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Did the guy smell of beer or what?
The driver was probably texting or fiddling with his IPhone or somehow not engaged with his driving. There is no other explanation for not seeing the other vehicle.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yeah the door is to be reskinned as well or a new door, I make the determining decision on that. Just like I told them there, there will be no alterations to this estimate they did without my approval. I have already told them that my attorney was notified that day. He is ready for any BS. Yes they are giving me another Titan until it is fixed. Will have my attorney look into this diminished value also. They were glad to see me go after that day. They are actually going to cut out that piece on the cab, my demand, plus it will see the frame rack as well, I don't think he could have tweaked the frame, but now is the time to know. The Nismo stripe kit, I found one from the dealer that I used before the move. He located one for me. I still have the remnants of the kit from the last time someone ran into the back of it, so I still have a right side available even though they are discontinued but I wanted to make sure that I had a new kit if possible. So really I will have another rear both sides for spare when it is all done.
I'd have them replace the door entirely. Re-skinning may not be done as well as factory assembly of the door.

As for diminished value, you may not have a case there. This accident shouldn't be reported to Carfax or anyone, so it won't show up unless someone request service records from the shop that repairs your truck, and that's unlikely. Another wrinkle in diminished value claims is that the law (at least in my state) requires you to make the claim for diminished value at the time that you sell your vehicle. You need to prove, that due to prior damage on someone else's responsibility, you received less than fair value for your vehicle. Then you can make that claim. I don't like that law, but I went through that when my Maxima was side-swiped on the freeway. Because the car is so old, it was nearly totaled. The bodyshop did a perfect job fixing it, but before that incident the car lived 12 years and 250K miles w/o an accident, it was mint. Now it had repair to both driver side doors and rear quarter. I was denied diminished value by her insurance. That made me mad because the vehicle now has diminished value to me!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts