Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Deaver 1" Mini Leaf Spring will lower the load capacity of the rear suspension? Specifically, I'm concerned about towing. My tow load is around 6,000 lbs and assuming a 10% tongue weight of 600 lbs: would this be a cause for concern with these Deavers?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Does anyone know if the Deaver 1" Mini Leaf Spring will lower the load capacity of the rear suspension? Specifically, I'm concerned about towing. My tow load is around 6,000 lbs and assuming a 10% tongue weight of 600 lbs: would this be a cause for concern with these Deavers?
I tow, but about 200 lbs less tongue weight, but I always have my 300 lb XR650R in the bed. Tows better, less sag, better ride(I upgraded to DR's at the same time of spring change) all round better!
Do it

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Towed 8000+ lbs of travel trailer with my Deavers and Bilsteins in the rear. Handled better than stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and had a question about the leaf springs. I have a 04 Titan 4x4 Off Rd BT and would like to be able to add more payload to the truck. I want to carry around 2000 on the bed WITH minimal lift. Should I go with adding leaf/Bilstein shocks or air bags? I also do not want the hassle of pumping each time I need to tow something because most likely I am going to forget. Any input would be appreciated.

Sacridge

·
Registered
682 Posts
sacridge said:
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and had a question about the leaf springs. I have a 04 Titan 4x4 Off Rd BT and would like to be able to add more payload to the truck. I want to carry around 2000 on the bed WITH minimal lift. Should I go with adding leaf/Bilstein shocks or air bags? I also do not want the hassle of pumping each time I need to tow something because most likely I am going to forget. Any input would be appreciated.

Sacridge
do the airbags. you have more adjustability

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Remember the Titans rear axle is only rated for 3800 lbs, so if you put 2000 lbs in the bed, you're overloading the truck...Most Titans only have about 1500 lbs load capacity reguardless of how much spring you throw at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts