Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm leaning, a good 3 maybe 4 " lower in the back. I have the PC lift 3" block. I know there's a lot that run the 4" block in the back on their Titans and I've seen other trucks on the street that have I'm sure 5" blocks. I like the lean but to a certain extent and the lean I have is pretty big and not sure it's growing on me. Especially because if we go camping or load the bed these trucks squat easy so makes it look worse lol So from what I've researched I have a couple options to lift the rear a bit more. cheapest 4" blocks from fabtech or RC. But will only be an inch higher, deaver springs just confused on how much lift they give but I read they sag even worse than stock springs? Order from prg or other vendor since there is shipping time problems with prg sometimes, air bags (air ride or Firestone bags) not sure how much lift these can give me while inflated have never used them, or keep my three inch block and get my springs re arched and/or add an add a leaf. So tell me your rear setup and how it rides and how you like it, experience and opinions both on road off-road

·
Registered
106 Posts
What do you have done the your front that it is so much higher than the rear?

Onto the rear, a block will be the cheapest but the bigger you go the more axle wrap you will end up with. Most recommend traction bars to eliminate that.

Deaver springs have a good rep for riding smooth along with Atlas springs. Might be a good option if you got the money. as for sag I cant comment as I don't have a truck running them. might read on reviews.

As far as Air bags go, I have a 69 Chevy truck that is on full air ride and have quite a bit of experience with air ride in general. I happen to be running the Firestone 9000 sleeve bags in the rear on a 4 link set up. These bags ride vary well/smooth in their "Sweet spot". They do offer a stroke of abut 10 inches if I remember correctly. but if you're trying to achieve lift to match the front u cant simply throw these in and air it up. it will ride horrible IF it lets u even get that high before it brakes something. to run a bag to lift the truck you would have to do some fabricating which I don't think would be the way to go in this case. . . A bag would however do really well if you run above mentioned springs for the lift you want and add a helper bag that you can inflate when you have a full load to help support it without sag.

Hope that helps ya out!

·
Premium Member
20,942 Posts
I believe the Deaver leaf spring pack (D-20?) will be softer than OEM. So if you put a heavy load in the bed or hook up a trailer the squat will be even worse.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
I have the procomp lift, right now I have the stock struts in with the 6 inch spacer because greg is taking an ungodly long time to return my coilovers.
Right now with the strut spacer I am about 1 inch maybe less lower In the rear with he C-30's an no block. Before with my radflo in I was about level maybe half an inch lower in the front. The rear rides awesome on rough roads.
Plan for myself is once I get the coilovers back I will be adding a 1.5 inch spacer from Greg an put the 3 inch rear procomp block in with the adjustable shackles on -1. See how it goes.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What do you have done the your front that it is so much higher than the rear?

Onto the rear, a block will be the cheapest but the bigger you go the more axle wrap you will end up with. Most recommend traction bars to eliminate that.

Deaver springs have a good rep for riding smooth along with Atlas springs. Might be a good option if you got the money. as for sag I cant comment as I don't have a truck running them. might read on reviews.

As far as Air bags go, I have a 69 Chevy truck that is on full air ride and have quite a bit of experience with air ride in general. I happen to be running the Firestone 9000 sleeve bags in the rear on a 4 link set up. These bags ride vary well/smooth in their "Sweet spot". They do offer a stroke of abut 10 inches if I remember correctly. but if you're trying to achieve lift to match the front u cant simply throw these in and air it up. it will ride horrible IF it lets u even get that high before it brakes something. to run a bag to lift the truck you would have to do some fabricating which I don't think would be the way to go in this case. . . A bag would however do really well if you run above mentioned springs for the lift you want and add a helper bag that you can inflate when you have a full load to help support it without sag.

Hope that helps ya out!
Thanks for that. My front setup is bilstein 5100 middle perch and 4x4 coils with DK uppers but I have the PC bracket lift. For the deavers that's one thing I read that they sag easier than stock ones like how HRTKD but they provide lift so I'm guessing it's because of the arch they have with no overload leaf. So I'm better off re arching my springs no?

Wow didn't know that about air bags. How come I see a few tricks lifted with airbags in the rear. even a guy that works where I work (don't know him) has like a 99 Sierra with a bracket lift and the rear has bags. So I don't get it

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I believe the Deaver leaf spring pack (D-20?) will be softer than OEM. So if you put a heavy load in the bed or hook up a trailer the squat will be even worse.
What are you running in the rear? Besides the prg shackles are you at stock height ?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the procomp lift, right now I have the stock struts in with the 6 inch spacer because greg is taking an ungodly long time to return my coilovers.
Right now with the strut spacer I am about 1 inch maybe less lower In the rear with he C-30's an no block. Before with my radflo in I was about level maybe half an inch lower in the front. The rear rides awesome on rough roads.
Plan for myself is once I get the coilovers back I will be adding a 1.5 inch spacer from Greg an put the 3 inch rear procomp block in with the adjustable shackles on -1. See how it goes.
So you're going by to run the block with the deavers?

That's why I was going to ask about shackles, specifically the maxtrac shackles that give lift. There's an old thread on here where a member purchased them and got lift out of them and they also have poly bushings and are greasable that's awesome.

·
Premium Member
20,942 Posts
What are you running in the rear? Besides the prg shackles are you at stock height ?
Stock height in the rear. SAW shocks in the rear also. I do a good amount of towing and the Deaver leaf springs would not have handled the load well.

The Deavers I owned were on my '91 Ranger pickup. I believe they were the F31 model. I ended up gaining ~6" of travel while maintaining close to the stock body height. The shackle mounting brackets were flipped (a huge PITA) and new shackles installed. It didn't take much weight to use up all that new travel. One load of about 900 lbs of landscaping rock put the axle on the frame. I don't think it rode any better on the street - loaded or unloaded.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
So far I haven't had a problem with sagging in the rear but the C-30 are heavier then the C-10 that PRG offers.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks for that. My front setup is bilstein 5100 middle perch and 4x4 coils with DK uppers but I have the PC bracket lift. For the deavers that's one thing I read that they sag easier than stock ones like how HRTKD but they provide lift so I'm guessing it's because of the arch they have with no overload leaf. So I'm better off re arching my springs no?

Wow didn't know that about air bags. How come I see a few tricks lifted with airbags in the rear. even a guy that works where I work (don't know him) has like a 99 Sierra with a bracket lift and the rear has bags. So I don't get it
Re arching will give you the lift you want plus the capacity but the ones we have had done ride fairly rough even after some miles on them. they do soften up a bit though.

I'm not saying you cant lift it with air bags. it is easily doable, but to do so correctly its not worth it in my opinion. I personally would do a set of lifted springs such as the deavers that ride smooth because of the design and use a air bag on either a Schrader valve or on board air to help carry the weight when you have a trailer hooked up. that will minimize sag.

·
Premium Member
20,942 Posts
I personally would do a set of lifted springs such as the deavers that ride smooth because of the design and use a air bag on either a Schrader valve or on board air to help carry the weight when you have a trailer hooked up. that will minimize sag.
Agreed. However, I've heard that air bags, even though not fully inflated, can make the rider harsher.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Agreed. However, I've heard that air bags, even though not fully inflated, can make the rider harsher.
They can yeah. All depends if it is set up in the sweet spot of the bag. too much pressure and they are horrible. Too little pressure and its rides like a marshmallow and not in a good way. lol But sleeve bags particularly the firestone 9000s with a load on them and at the proper air pressure ride vary well. My truck rides smooth empty but with a load in the bed it glides along and I barley feel anything. but mine is only air ride, no springs so that isn't realistic if its used as a helper bag. I expect it to be a bit rougher but still fairly smooth for a truck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So far I haven't had a problem with sagging in the rear but the C-30 are heavier then the C-10 that PRG offers.
I have the C-10 from PRG on my 04. They definitely do not sag more then the stock non bigtow 04. I only tow a larger pop up and before this it was almost on the bump stops. The ride improvement was incredible towing or otherwise. But i was told by PRG that the 04 was the worst OEM setup and the later years were improved. So anyhow thats my take on the Deaver C-10 pack.

Terry

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
I have the C-10 from PRG on my 04. They definitely do not sag more then the stock non bigtow 04. I only tow a larger pop up and before this it was almost on the bump stops. The ride improvement was incredible towing or otherwise. But i was told by PRG that the 04 was the worst OEM setup and the later years were improved. So anyhow thats my take on the Deaver C-10 pack.

Terry

Good to know, I got the C-30's because of more lift an little more load handling an they also ride awesome.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You guys say the deavers can give more load handling but other threads say they sag with weight on them? So basically airbags would be my most expensive option so that might be out of the picture. What about just adding an Add a leaf to my current setup? I talked to maddox and he's running a 4" lift block I think, with an add a leaf. But he's running the longer ones. But how are add a leafs installed ? Just slide in between the leaf pack and over load lead and bolt back up? Do they make any that'll give 2" of lift ?

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
An add a leaf is exactly what it sounds like. The deavers do the same but there are three leafs an you take out your overload leaf

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For the add a leaf I don't have to undo those clamps at the end of the stock spring pack?

And the deavers doesn't replace the whole leaf spring? You add it to my existing pack? So are those pretty hard to install? What happens if you leave the overload on?
And why is it that 2wd get less lift from deavers than 4x4 ?

Sorry for all the questions I'm trying to understand so I know what path to choose to lift my rear a little more for a decent price.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
For the add a leaf I don't have to undo those clamps at the end of the stock spring pack?

And the deavers doesn't replace the whole leaf spring? You add it to my existing pack? So are those pretty hard to install? What happens if you leave the overload on?

Sorry for all the questions I'm trying to understand so I know what path to choose to lift my rear a little more for a decent price.

Well I'm not sure on the add a leaf an having to undo that, I guess it would depend on what leaf is added in. I haven't looked at any add a leaf set ups.
I though I read that the 2wd spring perch or what ever you call it is lower than on the 4wd. That could be the reason but I'm unsure.
I'll post a couple pictures of the leafs during install for reference, not a super hard install. The ride is great though, that's a for sure.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1465953540.481206.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1465953548.864536.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1465953559.967042.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1465953575.952356.jpg

Reactions: dreep

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
As far as leaving the over load on I would think it's off for better travel of the leaf springs. Don't quote me on that though

·
Registered
25 Posts

no the deavers are added to your spring pack. i removed my overload and i think you have to. if your handy the job isnt that hard. you just need a couple larger C clamps to hold everything in place while you reassemble. i added the C-10 to my 2wd and it lifted the back a bit over 1". i had a leaving kit up front and after the back was taller....almost like a stock Titan but lifted a few inches.

Terry

1 - 20 of 56 Posts